Mintel is in search of an experienced consumer research and market analyst to join the Reports team, focusing on Food and Beverage topics. In this role, you will use your critical thinking skills to develop quantitative and qualitative research plans, analyze consumer and market data, and write insightful syndicated research reports.
You are passionate and knowledgeable about consumer research and understanding why people have certain preferences, motivations and buying behavior when it comes to food and beverage. You are adept at translating patterns in data to forward-looking, visually engaging, insightful content. You are curious about learning different categories and love taking on new challenges whether it means researching healthy eating habits or salty snacks.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Creating Insightful, Topic-Based Reports: Writing 10 syndicated reports per year that combine consumer data with secondary research on food industry trends and innovations, to create a full picture of the market. You will be responsible for the full report from defining the report scope, identifying key issues, designing consumer research, conducting trade interviews, analyzing data through to producing the final report
- Translating Data Into Actionable Insights: Using a combination of consumer, market, and manufacturing data to create forward-looking analyses.
- Identifying Key Market Trends: You will pinpoint trends and developments within the Food and Drink industries and analyze all of your combined data holistically.
- Building Strong Relationships: Collaborating with a wide range of colleagues across the company to include the commercial side of the business, our consulting division and several other teams.
- Developing Quantitative Consumer Surveys and Qualitative Exercises: You will create online surveys and discussion panels to meet research objectives.
Who We Are Looking For:
- A Researcher: You should have at least 3 years’ experience in a relevant research, marketing, shopper or consumer insights, branding or consulting role within the food and drink space. You have the ability to identify patterns in data, and understand what these patterns mean for consumers and brands. You should have experience working with syndicated sales data, such as IRI or Nielsen and syndicated consumer research such as Simmons National Consumer Survey or MRI.
- A Skilled Writer: You are able to observe brand and consumer activity from a wide range of categories to create compelling stories of how broader consumer trends are evolving and be able to create content that excites and inspires audiences with the latest trend thinking.
- A Lateral Thinker: You are able to spot innovations from a wide range of sectors to see how broader trends and themes are emerging.
- Commercially-Minded: You are dedicated to quality, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in your work to elevate Mintel as a top consumer insights company.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating internal and external data, asking second and third level questions to see the patterns behind data to craft expert analysis to be used by clients.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Great Communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and can adapt your communication style to internal and external partners. You speak clearly, concisely, and present yourself with confidence.
- A Collaborator: You bring an energy to the table that encourages and develops internal relationships. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and across the organization to ultimately elevate our clients experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets