We are looking for a star performer to join our French new business team. You should have existing sales experience and be able to show how you have excelled in your current position. The job will focus on winning clients within the “Food & Drink” and “Beauty & Personal care” sector in France. We have a superb reputation in this sector and need real stars to bring in the best accounts.
You must be brilliant at opening doors and generating meetings from a cold start. Multi-channel prospecting will be a big part of your daily activity – you will be expected to build your own pipeline.
You must be highly self-motivated as well as a terrific presenter and communicator, comfortable negotiating, creating urgency and holding tension with senior stakeholders. You should be an exceptional listener with the ability to ask the right questions.
Enthusiasm, drive and positivity should all be characteristics you display. You should also possess a keen awareness of your own strengths and weaknesses and the emotional intelligence to put yourself ‘in other people’s shoes’.
Continuous learning and self-development must be exciting to you. You will be expected to challenge your own assumptions, put yourself outside of your comfort zone, make mistakes and learn from them. You must be ready to embrace new technologies, processes and techniques as we continue to modernise our sales approach.
As the specialist within your sector, you will be looked to for new ideas and ways of growing the business – we need a self-starter who has the ability not only to identify opportunities, but also execute on them. Experimenting and innovating around the sales process will be vital.
You will need to thrive off being part of a team. Sharing ideas, contributing to group discussions, supporting team members and making personal sacrifices for others to succeed should be the norm.
Attention to detail and adeptness for the routine reporting which comes with enterprise sales are vital. You will be expected to have an in-depth knowledge of your own sales metrics and ratios and accurately report back to the business using a structured forecast methodology.
- Achieve subscription and consultancy targets and hit monthly activity levels based on personally sourced new logo meetings
- Consistently report accurate individual forecasts and new business activity to the Sales Director through SF.com. Establish GDPR-compliant processes and use SF.com to log all necessary activity.
- Build a robust business plan which enables a structured approach to maximising new business wins across the territory. To update and present this plan quarterly.
- Act as the lead for specific sector insights and client trends and present these back to the team
Successful candidates should have
- At least 3 years’ experience in B2B sales
- An analytical mind that can identify how Mintel’s products can help drive our clients’ business forward
- An understanding of the “Food & Drink” and “Beauty & Personal care” sector
- Fluent in French and English