Public Relations Associate, Americas
We are looking for a creative, organized, and driven individual to join the global marketing team as a PR Associate who will help drive awareness of the Mintel brand among leading press across the US, Canada, and Latin America.
As a PR Associate, you will help implement Mintel’s media relations, social media, and content marketing strategies across the US, Canada, and Latin America and will lend your creativity and expertise to drive global PR, communications, and marketing initiatives forward.
In addition to possessing basic PR skills and an interest in marketing operations/digital marketing, brand strategy, and/or design, the ideal candidate will have experience working in the CPG industry, either in-house or at an agency. Additionally, the PR Associate will be someone with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, who is comfortable and confident working alone as well as with a team, and who enjoys a flexible, (somewhat) fast-paced, fun, and very engaging work environment.
You should have a minimum of two years of experience in Public Relations, or a related role in Journalism or Communications, and be able to travel to the Chicago office on a semi-frequent basis.
What you will be doing:
- Raising brand awareness: Growing Mintel’s brand awareness and media profile, and that of Mintel’s thought leaders, across the US, Canada, and Latin America, including assisting with speaking engagements and Mintel’s Little Conversation podcast.
- Growing relationships: Managing, maintaining, and growing relationships with media through proactive and reactive communication; identify key publications/journalists for relationship building to drive media coverage; maintaining an up-to-date and organized media database (with the support of various PR software/services)
- Running the Press Office: As journalists’ first point of contact, responding to and coordinating incoming media requests across the wider PR team.
- Creating creative, timely content: Proactively identifying pitch topics to generate media coverage; developing creative opportunities to promote the business and its products through PR campaigns.
- Creating elevated brand messaging and positioning: Writing communications that effectively position Mintel’s products and services, including press releases, pitches, and blog content, utilizing Mintel’s wealth of content.
- Coaching thought leaders: Supporting Mintel analysts on effective media interactions through one-on-one coaching, group development sessions, and external expert-led training seminars.
- Leading collaboration across departments: Working closely with Americas PR team members and international counterparts to ensure consistency of messaging. Assisting in maintaining PR relationships with Mintel Marketing, Research, Commercial, and Senior Leadership teams.
- Creating opportunities to celebrate: Regularly monitoring KPIs and goals and reporting back on the success of PR activities, with a focus on building awareness and generating ROI.
Who we are looking for:
- A Relationship Builder: You build strong relationships with journalists in the business and/or marketing and advertising space with experience implementing integrated communications for external audiences.
- A Positive Attitude: You have exceptional work ethic, a cheerful demeanor, and are highly motivated with a “can-do: attitude.
- An Executor: You have demonstrable proactive and reactive media relations knowledge and skills including press release and media pitch development, ideally with experience in corporate and/or product branding and positioning, all with a high attention to detail.
- Naturally Curious: You have the ability to prepare and disseminate data quickly and effectively to numerous media contacts.
- Self-Directed: You have proven planning, organizational, and multitasking skills with a track record of high performance and adherence to deadlines with a quality product.
- Great Communicator: You have phenomenal written and verbal communication skills with demonstrable business maturity and professionalism. You ideally have experience pitching press via email, phone, and in-person methods.
- Tech-Savvy: You have proficient use of Good Workplace applications (ie. Docs, Sheets, and Slides), along with social media platforms (including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) and traditional and social media monitoring platforms and PR software (such as SproutSocial, Cision, PR Newswire, and Muckrack).
- A Collaborator: You have the ability to consistently work well with others and negotiate for optimal outcomes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets