Mintel is seeking to hire a Data Reporting Analyst to analyse Operation process and performance data, presenting key insights that will help drive decisions linked to Operations process changes and Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives priorities for a number of ongoing projects.
We are the world's leading market intelligence agency, and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets, and we aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology allows us to deliver data, insights, and opinions in a compelling way to our colleagues and clients across the globe
This exciting role will see you work closely with members within our GNPD Operations management, IT, Futures team to build fit-for-purpose insightful operational performance data reports and build intuitive dashboards for all levels of the business.
What you will be doing:
- Analysing existing reporting data and presenting insights/recommendations to key stakeholders
- Design, build and maintain reporting solution
- Implement/drive reporting improvements based on feedback from key stakeholders
- Performing robust data analysis as requested by Process/Continuous Improvement Manager to support process design decisions (e.g. data driven root cause analysis, determining business case value of opportunities identified)
- Gathering reporting requirements from GNPD Ops management team and Process Improvement Manager and translate into reporting solution (this includes 6 key dashboards related to Process Efficiency Metrics, Coverage performance, Ops performance, Coverage – BI, Cost Control and Data Quality)
Project Specific - Job responsibilities:
- Monitor ingestion from vendors into BPC Ecommerce database and assist with coverage and data quality control
- Create and maintain reporting dashboards in Looker for day-to-day Ecommerce data monitoring
What We are looking for from you:
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong excel skills with an emphasis on data analytics and reporting
- Proven ability to understand complex processes
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs
- Knowledge of SQL and Looker/data visualisation tool (required)
- Experience with R and/or Python (desirable)
- Lucene-based index experience (desirable)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to present actionable insights from data analysis to all levels within an organisation
- Goal and deadline-oriented
- Motivated / entrepreneurial spirit
- History of measuring the impact of information quickly, succinctly and changing the direction based on what the data tells us.
We hope you’ll like our…
- Culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working
- Generous holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned
- Frequent social events, both within the department and across the company
- Open plan office with breakout areas, coffee machines, pool table and table tennis table.
- The future working model will be a mix of home and office working
- Whether you see your future as an expert data analyst or as a leader, we have varied career tracks to support your growth.