This is a rare and exciting insights leadership role that can be based in either of our leading offices in the APAC region: Singapore or Shanghai. The role is responsible for leading the thought leadership, development of content, and analyst teams for our Food and Drink insights platform based in APAC; and also for the food and drink reports teams in India and Thailand.
In this role, you will use your extensive industry knowledge and critical thinking skills to develop and enhance the quality of all work produced by the team. Candidates should have at least 8 years of experience in a relevant research, food and drink marketing, consumer insights or consulting role. In addition, as we are looking for an individual that is passionate about guiding and mentoring their team, you should have a minimum of 3 years of people management experience.
As the Head of Food and Drink Insights, you will oversee experts from our Mintel Food and Drink (MFD) platform, Purchase Intelligence (PI), and Thai and India Reports teams, and will be tasked to look for innovative ways to develop both the team and the insights they produce. You will lead the quality initiatives for food and drink in the region and be a key decision maker for the global MFD content strategy as part of the global MFD insights leadership team. The role’s primary responsibilities are to ensure we consistently deliver top quality, relevant, and actionable insights through published content and expert service that helps our food and drink clients grow their businesses.
A willingness to travel is a must for this role, both within APAC, and globally. Once travel is more open we should expect travel on a regular (up to every other month) basis.
What you will be doing:
- Leading our Food and Drink-related insights created by APAC-based MFD Analysts, Australia PI Analysts, and Thai and India Food and Drink Reports Analysts
- You will manage an analyst team, managing the schedule, research calendar along with assigning deadlines to ensure publication commitments are met, and are responsible for driving the quality of insight these teams produce.
- Oversee Client Service for MFD in APAC, PI in Australia, and Food and Drink Reports in Thailand and India
- This role is responsible for managing the APAC Service Model for our food and drink clients in the region, and work in partnership with the commercial teams to prioritise and identify creative solutions to client service requests, and reporting monthly on the service model utilisation.
- Manage and coach our food and drink Analysts
- This role directly manager a team of analysts across Asia (current team size 5 managers, 8 analysts), and your role will be to coach and develop your team to help them grow professionally by providing constructive feedback on the content analysts prepare for syndicated products and for client requests.
- Contribute to global content strategy and development
- As a senior member of the global research leadership team, you will fully participate in the development and execution of Mintel's global content strategy and participate in global strategic development projects and working groups
- Work with sales, marketing, and management to drive revenue and renewals
- This includes press and conference support, involvement in consultancy opportunities and projects where applicable, and new and existing client support. Your task to be a thought leader in the region and help promote Mintel’s expertise through the media an on occasion as a key note speaker at conferences
Who are we looking for:
Someone with over 8 years of experience in research or specific food and drink industry knowledge and who can demonstrate a track record of ensuring their teams content is of high quality and that it is delivered in a timely manner.
Successful candidates can demonstrate a capability of managing multiple projects simultaneously (this role will need to balance multiple content streams as well as client work).
You will have a track record of promoting client dialogue through expert storytelling and forward-thinking implications for the Food and Drink industry, and can show the ability / experience to be Mintel's spokesperson for Food and Drink in Asia.
Skills to demonstrate:
- Passion for and experience in the wider food and drink industry. Understanding of issues relevant to clients in the region
- Ability to lead a team to produce high quality content and client service, on time
- Good networker that will be able to work closely with other Mintel teams to shape the strategic direction of their content area
- Edit/QC content produced by other analysts
- Line manage or thought leader - lead, coach, and/or mentor others
- A natural / high level story teller, that can coach this skill to their teams
- Ability to be an industry thought leader