Our Business Development team focuses on expanding our client base in the Consumer Packaged Goods sector. This individual will join a very successful team that serves as an integral part of Mintel's business and will get the opportunity to partner with some of the key players in these industries. You must be a highly motivated individual with a positive, can-do approach to problem-solving and at least one year of sales or sales support experience.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building a Pipeline: Leveraging multiple sources to uncover prospects (Salesforce, Zoominfo, etc.) and setting appointments with prospects via phone, email, Linkedin, and other creative methods of outreach to build pipeline opportunities.
- Converting Leads: Turning inbound marketing leads and serving as the first contact point to leads.
- Managing Prospects: Tracking a high volume of prospects in our sales database, Salesforce and recording of all interactions with qualified prospects.
- Identifying and Prospecting Key Decision Makers: Targeting individuals within marketing and research divisions to understand their specific consumer insights needs.
- Collecting Feedback: Gathering and relaying market feedback information to the sales and leadership teams.
- Collaborating Internally: Working hand-in-hand with the Business Development Sales team (or other internal teams) to identify and capitalize on outreach strategies leveraging sales enablement technology.
- Building Industry Knowledge: Developing an in-depth understanding of the CPG industry.
We Are Looking For People Who Are:
- Hunters: You are a driven salesperson and are comfortable making cold and warm introductions over the phone, in-person and via email.
- Achievers: You possess and apply practical and technical skills, knowledge, and experience related to sales and customer service.
- Commercially-Minded: You initiate sales meetings to speak with and listen to clients and are easily able to identify potential sales opportunities. You can comfortably and enthusiastically speak to our suite of products and network at the highest possible levels within prospects to ensure there is appropriate executive engagement.
- People Smart: You are able to easily adapt to different personalities and levels within an organization.
- Committed to Personal Growth: You are constantly craving learning and development and consistently pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skill-sets.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of clients’ challenges and goals.
- Humble: You have the grit and competitiveness to find ways to always be moving forward, no matter the obstacle in front of you but you have the humbleness to realize that all of the success you have achieved is because of so many others around you. You have a very high EQi and when facing adversity, you are known as a pragmatic optimist. You don't take rejection personally; you see it as a challenge.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Great Communicators: You have an extremely consultative and energetic personality with polished verbal and written communication skills. You are not only a strong speaker, but also a strong listener and take the time to know your audience. You speak clearly, concisely and present yourself with confidence.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets