Associate Director - Lifestyle/ Beauty and Personal Care, Japan Report
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Mintel is the world’s leading Market Intelligence agency, with offices in London, Chicago, Shanghai, Bangkok, Belfast, Düsseldorf, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai, New York, São Paulo, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Tokyo. Mintel has been a global market leader for over 45 years with more than thousand employees worldwide. We work with the world’s most renowned consumer packaged goods companies and their suppliers, and professional services agencies such as Marketing and Advertising agencies, think-tanks.
In Asia Pacific, Mintel has been successfully delivering market intelligence and consumer insights for over 20 years. We are now accelerating our investment to build on the success of our existing Japan business. We are looking for a team of experienced and ambitious Associate Director to help build and grow our talent pool and create syndicated market research reports in Japan.
This opportunity will offer you the chance to be part of the new growth chapter in our Japan business. You will develop your own expertise about the industry sector with both Japanese and global insight, whilst giving you the opportunity to interact and influence of the world’s largest consumer brands, marketing and advertising agencies.
- Content publishing
Mintel Japan Reports are syndicated market intelligence reports synthesizing primary and secondary data to provide a forward-looking view of a particular consumer market or lifestyle trend. A key part of the report is identifying important global trends (and why) and discussing the business implications for Japan market.
- Write and publish at least 6 Syndicated Reports a year
- Responsible for the full report creation from defining the report scope to publishing the final report
- Prepare discussion guide and conduct trade interviews with industry players to define report scope
- Identify consumer research objectives, work with Head of Japan Report and Consumer Research & Data Analytics team to design quantitative research on the report topic
- Research, analyze and interpret consumer, market, company data from Mintel content and external resources to develop insights that have meaningful business implications using strong business acumen. This includes networking with Mintel’s global key analysts to stay informative about latest global trends
- Work with digital publishing team (eg proofers, designers, translators, etc) to finalise report deliverables (including translated content, infographic design, databooks)
- This role will also involve reviewing (QCing) other analyst/freelancer’s work once qualified for content production
- Support client service and Mintel’s marketing/PR activities under the guidance and support from Head of Japan Report
- Handle client service requests related to the subject field upon training
- Promote Mintel’s brand in the marketplace by supporting marketing and PR activities (eg media interviews, etc) upon training
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in consumer research, marketing or consulting role
- Proven expertise in the subject area, ideally accumulated from the industry/client side
- Good knowledge of global trends (especially US and Europe), overseas studying and working experience would be a plus
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, logical thinking, attention to detail
- Good organizational, planning, and collaborative skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Open & global mindset
- Excellent Japanese writing and speaking
- Business level English
- Once COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted, the person may need to spend 3-4 weeks overseas (eg US or UK) as part of induction; moving forward travel is expected to be 10% of the role.