Over the last few years, we have continued to see exponential growth within the LatAm market for Mintel’s CPG sector. Our Business Development team focuses on expanding our client base in Latin America and we are looking for an accomplished, results-driven, sales professional with established relationships and experience selling within and/or to the Latin American Consumer Packaged Goods Sector.
This individual will join a very successful team that serves as an integral part of Mintel’s business and will get the opportunity to partner with some of the key players in these industries to sell our entire suite of research solutions. The role requires a hungry and motivated salesperson but comes with a lucrative uncapped commission plan and incredible growth opportunities within the business.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Creating a Consultative Strategy: Targeting clients within the Consumer Packaged Goods sector across Latin America (excluding Brazil).
- Prospecting: Identifying key decision makers within marketing and research divisions to understand their specific competitive needs. You are skilled at leveraging your network to grow and develop relationships.
- Negotiating and closing contracts: Running the full sales cycle from prospect to close which includes presenting your strategic recommendations based on the client’s needs. You will be responsible for discussing the details of the contract and closing the deal.
- Delivering Exceptional Sales Results: Striving for exceeding your net-new revenue target on a monthly basis.
- Become a Product Expert. Developing deep knowledge across all of Mintel’s CPG products and services offered in Latin America.
- Conducting Demonstrations: Showcasing the value of Mintel’s solutions via web conference demonstrations and traveling to prospects for face-to-face meetings (post-Covid), discussing the benefits and impact Mintel’s data can bring to their business.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Subject Matter Expert: You have deep knowledge of the Latin American culture and have prior experience selling in-market; the Consumer Packaged Goods industry would be preferred.
- Bilingual: You have fluency in Spanish and English: Speaking, reading and writing a must
- Hunters: You are a metrics-driven sales individual with a proven track record of success. You have excellent closing and prospecting skills and are comfortable making cold and warm introductions over the phone, in-person and via email.
- Achievers: You have a strong track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets, selling solutions to the C-suite. You possess and apply practical and technical skills, knowledge, and experience related to sales and customer service.
- Commercially-Minded: You initiate sales meetings to speak with and listen to clients and are easily able to identify potential sales opportunities. You can comfortably and enthusiastically pitch our suite of products and network at the highest possible levels within prospects to ensure there is appropriate executive engagement.
- People Smart: You are able to easily adapt to different personalities and levels within an organization.
- Committed to Personal Growth: You are constantly craving learning and development and consistently pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skill-sets.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of clients’ challenges and goals.
- Humble: You have the grit and competitiveness to find ways to always be moving forward, no matter the obstacle in front of you but you have the humbleness to realize that all of the success you have achieved is because of so many others around you. You have a very high EQi and when facing adversity, you are known as a pragmatic optimist. You don’t take rejection personally; you see it as a challenge.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Great Communicators: You have an extremely consultative and energetic personality with polished verbal and written communication skills. You are not only a strong speaker, but also a strong listener and take the time to know your audience. You speak clearly, concisely and present yourself with confidence.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets