Mintel is seeking a talented and personable IT professional who is as passionate about technology as they are about helping others to better understand and utilize technology. We are the world’s leading market intelligence agency and our technology supports us in delivering market data, insights, and opinions to our clients across the globe. The IT Support Associate is responsible for analyzing, resolving and documenting level 1 and 2 technical issues raised by employees according to the department’s service level agreement.
What You Will Be Doing
- Methodically troubleshoot technical issues while providing customers with regular status updates.
- Deliver end-user technical support while taking into account available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Act as a liaison between internal clients and other department staff to help resolve and escalate issues as required.
- Convey complex and technical issues to non-technical customers, orally and in writing, in a manner that is easily understood.
- Ensure systems used by the Support Department are kept up-to-date and as accurate as possible. Examples include hardware inventory, patch management, ticket administration, and documentation.
- Participate in and contribute to a global support focus group to standardize and automate: account configuration, laptop deployment, and computer patching/policy requirements.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required within the general level of responsibility and scope of the position, as determined by the IT Support Manager.
- Provide end-user the IT/software/onboarding training when it needs
- Demonstrate flexibility in extended hours to meet deadlines whenever necessary.
What We are Looking for
- At least 2-3 years experience in a technical help desk environment.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious, always asking relevant questions to gain a better understanding of new technologies and technical challenges.
- Tech-Savvy: Strong proficiency in modern Windows client operating systems and standard applications including Microsoft Office, Chrome/Firefox, etc. Fundamental understanding of networking and IPv4 routing concepts such as VPN, DNS, and DHCP. Experience in basic administration and support of Google Suite and Active Directory. A basic knowledge of Mac OSX and Ubuntu Linux is preferred. Experience with support ticketing systems, documentation platforms, and remote monitoring and management (RMM) tools is a plus.
- A Collaborator: You value the opinions and advice of others while freely sharing your own. You contribute to the team efforts of problem-solving and process improvement.
- Self-Directed: You track open tasks from inception to completion and are committed to meeting expectations and deadlines. You have an aptitude for identifying and proactively solving problems as they arise.
Committed to Personal Growth: You are committed to building upon your existing technical and soft skills. You view challenges as an opportunity for personal and professional development.