At Mintel, we are only successful when our clients are successful, receiving value from our service, and continuing to partner with us on a recurring basis.
The focus of this role is to support the continued high retention rate of Mintel subscription clients in greater China. You will achieve this by leading a team that ensures Mintel's market leading data and insight is applied to its full extent within our clients’ business to support their commercial objectives. You and your team are experts in providing best-in-class levels of service through the whole client lifecycle of onboarding, product adoption, value-led engagement, advocacy and retention.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Associate Director owns the execution of the Mintel service model within the China region, across all client verticals. They will be responsible for the day to day smooth running of the regional Client Success team, including the development and management of Client Success Managers (CSMs) within their region. They will work closely with the regional sales directors and wider account management team to ensure resources are adequately aligned and focused in the right areas to maximise Client Success through the use and application of Mintel's data and insights to its full extent supporting our clients’ business goals.
- Maintain and continue to grow Mintel’s industry-leading client satisfaction and retention rates by owning the following tasks:
- Be responsible for the recruitment, performance reviews, motivation and coaching of the Client Success team across China.
- Collaborate with the Country Manager in China to ensure team members are creating and delivering success plans that will achieve regional retention and growth goals.
- Lead the Client Success team to uncover and activate against client business objectives, showcasing the value of Mintel solutions at every interaction, and at scale.
- Prioritise, delegate and QC client work, including short-term, reactive requests and also longer-term proactive work targeted to achieve our clients’ business goals. Depending on tier and complexity, deliver, delegate or supervise the following activities to your team:
- Responses to client briefs and prepare analysis, customise presentations and bring data to life using Mintel tools and syndicated content.
- Presentations to clients across a variety of formats to deliver insightful, thought provoking analysis.
- Delivering advanced training of Mintel products to clients and run group workshops to showcase how Mintel data will support their strategic decisions where necessary.
- Encourage your team to follow up on all client interactions to understand how the Mintel service model has supported the client and delivered value, and ensure your team is efficiently logging all client interactions and activities on our CRM system.
- Collate detailed feedback following client projects and engagement to support the commercial goals of the Account Management team.
- Support the new business team on significant opportunities by demonstrating to prospective clients the application and value of Mintel.
- Educate internal audiences on new, valuable client use cases and act as a client advocate in internal discussions; provide internal advice to sales, product development, content and marketing on new applications for our products and how we can better serve our clients.
- Proactively contribute to the development, delivery and measurement of the APAC Client Success strategy.
Successful Candidates will need to have:
- 5+ years’ experience gained in a B2B environment working with research application for various industries and job roles.
- A track record of delivering value to complex clients with large employee bases, an understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models, and a passion for driving revenue and growth.
- Proven experience in providing coaching or mentoring to colleagues and an affinity for taking on leadership tasks.
- Highly developed analytical skills, able to interpret a wealth of information from Mintel’s suite of products to build compelling stories with a commercial conclusion that will help drive our clients’ business forward (Mintel product training will be provided).
- Project Management experience, managing projects from inception to evaluation and recommendations.
- A proven ability in identifying potential problems and providing pragmatic solutions.
- Professional competency in Mandarin and English to assist clients across APAC.
- Advanced standard in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word and Salesforce.
- An approachable, collaborative style to create opportunities for groups to work together. Having the right attitude; based on enthusiasm, ambition, and a positive outlook, should all be characteristics you cherish and display.
- Flexibility to travel regularly within APAC to meet with clients and attend trade events.