If you’re excited about what the future holds you’ve come to the right place!
Mintel is the world’s leading market intelligence agency. With offices around the world we take a global view on what is happening in the space of CPG innovation. We offer our clients a unique perspective on the future of the consumer landscape and a clear roadmap to navigate it with.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Head of Account Management to join our team in Shanghai. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strategic mindset, who will nurture and grow a big team of Account Managers as well as a large portfolio of clients in the area of consumer packaged goods (CPG), in a way that will ensure commercial success for the Greater China region.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Maintaining and growing existing team portfolio. Work with and guide the Account Managers in your team to achieve the overall commercial goals, by providing value to each clients’ core business objectives.
- Leadership. Motivate, develop and coach your team to have both the right direction and skillset to transition to the next level of team players within Mintel.
- Negotiation. Act as the senior sponsor of a specific account, and step in C-suit conversations to understand needs, provide solutions, as well as discuss strategic direction of partnership.
- Planning. Make sure annual service plans are well executed and adapted within the CPG portfolio.
- Forecasting. Ensure healthy and accurate forecast from the team, and deliver to the Head of CPG on time.
- Presenting and demonstration. Leveraging excellent knowledge of Mintel products and services, and deep understanding of latest CPG trends, to be able to confidently present to audiences from either internal or external.
- Networking. Develop and maintain healthy relationship with clients’ senior management.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Strong leader: You are an excellent manager and leader. You have the ability to visualise a better future state, get others to join in the journey, and then actually get there. You possess the willingness to get into the weeds of every sale with everyone on your team.
- Client-Obsessed: You actively joins your team’s client meetings to speak with and listen to clients, and consistently have clients talk to the company about what is and is not working. You network at the highest possible levels within clients to help your team to ensure there is appropriate executive engagement.
- Commercially-minded: You have a proven track record of delivering return on investment and achieving sales targets both individually and when leading a team.
- Great communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and can adapt your communication style to suit each client, your team and across teams.
- Short and long-term focused: You have an understanding of the immediacy of winning this month’s team sales results, while making the appropriate adjustments to ensure the same for the next 6-12 months.
- Coach: You develop and boost the team’s confidence around the necessary basic sales skills, as well as coach on emerging techniques. You coach what you know, but also provoke new ideas and thinking and have formal and informal processes for coaching managers and individuals. You help individuals understand how their role fits into the broader organisation.
- Creative problem-solver: You are able to identify complex problems based on a broad range of factors. You also are able to develop & implement optimal solutions. You establish key results, you track learnings and you embrace continuous improvement.
- A Practitioner: You should have at least 8 years of individual and team sales success, with focus on account management, a track record of selling consultancy solutions to the C-suite, as well as rooted connection within CPG sector. You possess and apply practical and technical skills, knowledge, and experience related to sales and customer services.