Mintel is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to bring their passion for software quality to bear on the challenges of supporting the world’s leading market research organization. The SDET will work closely with software developers to develop automated tests of Mintel’s expansive software estate. This work will ensure that Mintel’s software developers can focus on feature development while the Software Quality Team focuses on building excellent test ware and creating a high level of confidence in the quality of the underlying software. This will require automation of functional tests, collaboration with developers and product owners, and occasional exploratory testing. This position reports to the Global Head of Software Quality Assurance.
The ideal candidate will have 3 years or more of experience as a Software Test Professional and experience writing software scripts to support QA activities (Python, PowerShell, bash scripting, Perl, Django, or other).
What You Will Be Doing:
- Partnering with our software teams to test new product features as they are being developed
- Continually deepening knowledge of methodology and approaches necessary for testing software
- Executing test plans based on requirements gathered from product owners and development teams
- Building, developing, and maintaining test environments, including providing troubleshooting for team members experiencing issues with them.
- Reviewing test automation developed within and without the team, and building improved test standards back into the team as well as across the company.
- Architecting new test frameworks, adding libraries to existing frameworks, and code reviewing new test automation.
- Securing documentation and source code into team repositories
- Communication of test status to development and management teams
- Working as a part of the global quality assurance team to improve the architecture of new and existing software testing frameworks as well as planning for our software’s future.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to support the Mintel IT team and improve software quality
Who We Are Looking For:
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious, looking for new opportunities to learn and adapt to the variety of technologies and frameworks our systems use.
- Tech-Savvy: You are well-versed in web technology and applications, bringing a highly skilled approach to your day-to-day, constantly learning about what is new or next, and sharing learnings with the team. You ideally have more of a back-end focus in development but will be full-stack.
- A Collaborator: You develop and encourage internal relationships, with technical and non-technical colleagues alike. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and in an agile software development process.
- Committed to Personal Growth: You are committed to continuous learning and growth, pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skill set.
- Self-Directed: You are confident and driven on your projects. You have an aptitude for identifying and solving problems, both technical and organizational, and clearly outlining plans and risks for your work.
Mintel does not offer sponsorship for this particular role, and so at this time, we are only able to consider candidates who do not have limitations in their ability to work in the United states long-term.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets