Our users come first at Mintel. We take complex data and research systems and create best-in-class experiences for our customers. As the world’s leading market intelligence agency, Mintel solutions deliver actionable, relevant data and give our clients a unique perspective on consumers and markets. Every day, companies and brands around the world rely on Mintel products and services to inform strategy, support development pipelines, understand market dynamics, and monitor competitors.
Mintel is looking for a seasoned User Experience Designer to join our growing product development team in London. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to architect and build brand new client solutions from the ground up, as well as optimize existing enterprise tools.
The right candidate is a dynamic, engaging individual with a proven track record and passion for developing and optimizing the user experience of a product. You find the prospect of architecting complex information to deliver powerful insights an exciting one. You find user behavior fascinating, and are experienced both in profiling your users, and adapting product designs to meet their unique needs; you understand the value of inclusive design, and empathetic product strategy. You excel at working with data and research products -- you’re comfortable with analytics and data visualization, and with helping guide others to the data they need via effective data-driven storytelling.
In this role you’ll engage with our users and work in a cross-functional team to develop game-changing products our customers will love. You’ll develop the information architecture, information hierarchy, and overall user experience, collaborating continuously with product development, software engineers, design, marketing, sales, and research. You are driven, action-oriented, agile, prioritization-minded, and can break down complex problems into actionable steps that deliver results.
Your experience should ideally focus on designing software products, and your portfolio should clearly outline the problems you’ve taken on with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to find solutions and overcome challenges, rather than focusing just on visual polish, or the final deliverables.
- Use proven user-centric design principles, business requirements and research to develop information architecture, structure, flow and user interactions.
- Lead design workshops to support solution development.
- Develop conceptual designs, wireframes, high-fidelity wireframes, click-throughs and prototypes.
- Own the end-to-end UX processes and deliverable set with frequent iteration and evolution of design solutions.
- Base design solutions on well-researched use cases, process flows and wireframes, in full knowledge of interaction behaviors.
- Assess and optimize accessible user experience by leading and acting upon usability testing and research.
- Collaborate with designers across the organization to raise the quality bar and continuously improve Mintel’s design processes, principles, and tooling.
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders, product owners and software developers from conceptualization through design to implementation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years designing for user experience, from concept to implementation. Specialization in information architecture preferred.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in web design, human-computer interaction (HCI).
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products that solve real problems, and that people use.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving and system modeling, through to detailed UI, visual, and interaction design.
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- Talent for rapid prototyping and incorporating personas, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and feedback.
- Strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals, and the complex nuances of design problems.
- Experience writing user test scripts, moderating testing, quantifying results and prioritizing testing outcomes.
- High performance under pressure, producing quality output to deadline, within a fast-paced development environment.
- Experience working within (and building upon) an established design system.