Are you passionate about product development? Are you a great communicator and collaborator who loves coming up with simple solutions to complex problems and making them happen? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you on our Product Development team. You need to be well organized, pragmatic, delivery driven and keen to work with a wide variety of people and teams to help make the best decisions for the future of our products.
Comperemedia Direct is a staple product under Mintel’s Comperemedia brand. As one of Mintel’s largest businesses, we’ve got a variety of clients depending on us to help them answer their most important competitive intelligence questions. That’s where you come in.
We're looking for a Product Manager to reimagine Comperemedia Direct. We need someone who understands deep sets of data and can automate and simplify complex analysis. You'll be able to wrap your head around the nuances of different industries, drawing out the key information that marketers in those sectors need to make good decisions. And you'll have a knack for developing applications that use data to tell compelling stories and help our clients accomplish their goals.
You will be encouraged to experiment, measure and iterate, using analytics data to build hypotheses and measure results as we expand into new industries, all while continuing to develop the core product in line with our strategy.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Proactive problem solving: Get to the root of our clients' challenges and collaborate with other teams to build innovative tools that use our data to help overcome them. You are comfortable facilitating meetings with senior management and think creatively about how we can bring new ideas to life
- Data analytics: Use your strong data analysis skills to identify the right data - and the right way to deliver it - to get the answers our clients need. You're confident working with data and know how (and how not) to use it
- Experiment and measure: Use data to measure the success of your ideas, and be tenacious in your pursuit of the best possible solution for our clients
- Data-driven decisions: Gather data and insights from various quantitative and qualitative sources to drive strategic decision making and development of requirements
- Customer-centric decisions: Work closely with our clients and internal teams to empathize with our clients and identify opportunities. You’ll partner with your Product and Design peers to ensure new users have concrete and valuable actions they can take when they arrive on product to drive continued satisfaction and engagement. Collaborating with Sales and Research, you’ll engage our clients and prioritize for their most important, highest-value needs
- End-to-end ownership: Manage the product development process from idea generation to delivery. This includes assessing and prioritizing needs, creating comprehensive product specification, developing and managing roadmaps, testing new features and leading cross-functional project teams
- Delivery driven: Drive the day-to-day management of product growth activities on Mintel’s products. This includes ongoing prioritization of issues, change requests and new feature evaluation. Manage a strong working relationship with Engineering to ensure needs are met and deadlines are observed. Deliver high-value developments and optimizations frequently and to a high quality standard
- Visionary: Collaborate with the Global Product Team to develop and advance our product strategy, as a champion and thought leader for Mintel’s products
- Stakeholder communications and buy-in: Partner with UX, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Content teams to develop and deliver excellent plans for all product changes and improvements. You will collaborate with teams around the business and you must be comfortable receiving and managing input from diverse stakeholders
Who We Are Looking For:
- Experience working with a data science/futures team
- Familiarity with or experience in digital product management practices
- Data excites you. You enjoy getting to the details and using data to identify opportunities, deliver insights and measure success
- Desire to prove out the impact of your team’s work
- Strong collaborator and team member
- Comfortable with ambiguity and converting this into actionable outcomes
- Strive for excellence and continually seeking ways to raise the bar
- A passion for personal development and continually improving your skills
- Resilient and have a bias for action
- 3+ years relevant business experience, ideally but not necessarily focused on product management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets