At Mintel, we are only successful when our clients are successful, receiving value from our service, and continuing to partner with us on a recurring basis.
The focus of this role is to support the high retention rate of Mintel South East Asia subscription clients.
You will achieve this by partnering with account managers in the region to provide best-in-class levels of service, data application support, and collaboration on research briefs and insight presentations. You will work through the whole client lifecycle of new user onboarding, product usage, insight engagement, and retention.
For reference, the Mintel South East Asia (SEA) team supports clients in Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Singapore and Malaysia, and this role will be mainly focused on clients in Singapore and Malaysia.
Maintain and continue to grow Mintel’s industry-leading client satisfaction and retention rates:
With Mintel clients:
- Deliver client work that showcases the value of Mintel solutions. Your interactions may include:
- Delivering advanced training of Mintel products to showcase how Mintel data will support clients in their role or departmental goals e.g. webinars, product masterclasses etc.
- Presenting syndicated content to clients in an interactive and confident manner in order to show how the insights can be valuable for their business objectives.
- Responding to client briefs and preparing analysis to bring data to life using Mintel’s pre-published syndicated content.
- Responding to ad-hoc client questions relating to how to navigate the system and identify relevant content.
- Proactively communicating with clients about the most relevant product features/insights for their specific business needs, including creating regular newsletters.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the Mintel products and how each can provide value to clients from a variety of sectors and departments (product training will be provided).
- Partner with the Country Managers and account management team in SEA to ensure there is a plan in place with each client. Conduct regular check-in calls and join strategic business reviews for alignment of objectives and outcomes.
- Simultaneously manage multiple clients who are at different points on the account lifecycle.
With Mintel internal team:
- Track client usage to identify usage/renewal risks and work actively with account managers to eliminate the risk.
- Be a client advocate in internal discussions; provide advice to sales, product development, content and marketing on client usage and feedback of Mintel products and how we can better serve our clients.
- Work with the broader client services team on ideas for new training materials and service activities to share with the account management team.
- Efficiently log all service activities on our CRM system including collating detailed feedback following client engagement.
- Take responsibilities to mentor and act as team lead more junior team members in the SEA region, ensuring they are delivering quality work to clients and spending their time on high value service activities.
Successful Candidates will need to have:
- 4 years’+ experience gained in a B2B research or professional services environment. A passion and knowledge for the world of FMCG is also highly desirable.
- A track record of delivering value to complex clients with large employee bases, an understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models, and a passion for driving revenue and growth.
- Highly developed analytical skills, able to quickly interpret a wealth of information from different sources to build compelling stories with a commercial conclusion.
- Advanced standard in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in written and spoken English with first class communication skills. This includes being totally at ease on the telephone or face to face with clients at a variety of levels.
- Proven organisational skills and ability to multitask and prioritise/manage a heavy work flow.
- A solution-driven and results focused attitude. Having the right attitude; based on enthusiasm, ambition, and a positive outlook, should all be characteristics you cherish and display.
- Flexibility to travel within the region to meet with clients.
- Ideally you will have some previous experience mentoring junior team members.
- Ideally you will have completed a business-related degree.