Mintel is in search of an experienced multicultural consumer insights analyst with in-depth understanding of Black/African-American consumers. In this role, you will use your strategic multicultural market expertise and critical thinking skills to develop research plans including quantitative and qualitative surveys, analyze consumer and market data, and write insightful syndicated research reports across a variety of topics to help our clients understand multicultural audiences.
You are passionate and knowledgeable about cultural shifts, and social media trends, consumer research, and understanding why multicultural audiences have certain preferences, motivations and buying behaviors. You are adept at interpreting data and translating these to forward-looking and insightful recommendations for brands to reach multicultural consumers.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Create insightful industry and lifestyle reports: Write syndicated reports that combine consumer data with secondary research to create a full picture of the opportunity for brands marketing to Black/African-American consumers. Define the report scope, identify key issues, design consumer research, conduct trade interviews, analyze data through to producing the final report.
- Offer multicultural perspectives: Act as an advisor to clients and internal teams on topics related to multicultural audiences. Able to talk beyond the data and confident to offer a perspective.
- Translate data into actionable insights: Use a combination of consumer, demographic, economic, market, and manufacturing data to create forward-looking analyses.
- Develop quantitative consumer surveys and qualitative exercises: Create online surveys and discussion panels to meet research objectives.
- Conduct secondary research: Evaluate external resources to strengthen and support consumer insights and recommendations (eg Census, Bureau of Labor Statistics and other public sources).
- Build strong relationships: Collaborate with colleagues across the company, including the commercial side of the business, our consulting division and several other teams.
Who We Are Looking For:
- A Researcher: At least five years’ experience in a relevant consumer/media/marketing research, shopper or consumer insights, branding or consulting role with an emphasis on multicultural consumers.
- A Strategic Thinker: You have the ability to identify patterns in data, translate these patterns into what it means for multicultural consumers and brands, and make recommendations based on your insights.
- A Skilled Writer: You are able to observe brand and consumer activity across a wide range of categories to create compelling stories of how consumer trends are evolving and create content that excites and inspires audiences with the latest trend thinking.
- Commercially-Minded: You are dedicated to quality, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in your work to elevate Mintel as a top multicultural consumer insights company.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating internal and external data, asking second and third level questions to see the patterns behind data to craft expert analysis to be used by clients.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Great Communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and can adapt your communication style to internal and external partners. You speak clearly, concisely, and present yourself with confidence.
- A Collaborator: You bring an energy to the table that encourages and develops internal relationships. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and across the organization to ultimately elevate our clients’ experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets