Please note, sponsorship & remote UK working can be provided
Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency, and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets, and we aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology allows us to deliver data, insights, and opinions in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Developer with a passion for coding to join our London team. We are a growing team working collaboratively with our product and data science teams to build new tools that utilise machine learning and data science innovations. You will help us develop client facing single page web applications that deliver compelling interactive analysis interfaces and easy to use content and insight portals for our clients. In this role, you would:
- Take responsibility for your own productivity and the quality of your work.
- Contribute to your team’s technical work autonomously and reliably move projects forward.
- Follow engineering and technology-specific best practices and standards as outlined by engineering leads and architects for the team.
- Apply feedback from code reviews to future work and avoid making similar mistakes multiple times. Provide feedback on team members’ code reviews and approve or reject submissions in areas where they have more expertise.
- Actively contribute to all team meetings by speaking up when a case intersects with areas you have strong knowledge in.
- Interact with colleagues outside the IT department including end-users.
- Consider team processes and suggest improvements when you dislike how something is working.
- Work proactively with any and all team members on cases. Reach out to other teams within IT when your work intersects. Teach newer team members about parts of the codebase where you have strong knowledge.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years experience as a software engineering professional or strong project experience gathered during individual or university studies.
- Knowledge of full stack web development. Familiarity with backend frameworks, such as Django, Flask or FastAPI.
- Experience with both backend and frontend automated testing practices.
- Working knowledge of docker and CI/CD practices.
We hope you’ll like our…
- Culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working
- Generous holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Approach to personal development where every individual has designated time each week to learn and share what they’ve learned with others