Comperemedia is the premier source for monitoring competitive intelligence in direct marketing. The Insights team is looking for an Associate Analyst to play a key role in supporting the client project teams to deliver strategic insights. The primary role of the Associate Research Analyst is to collect and organize data in a way to allow the analysts to hone in on the insights and opportunities for clients. This role will largely support research for the technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) sector. The role is a combination of content creation and client engagement, specifically supporting paid advisory engagements.
You will work across the project teams to contribute to clients’ final reports and presentations. Your work includes a variety of projects requiring sharp time management skills and a keen attention to detail. The ideal candidate is an individual who has at least one year of research experience (or equivalent academic experience), who not only understands the requirements of managing and executing a multifaceted project, but is also motivated and excited by the complexities of it. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for those seeking to pursue a career in market research.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Pulling and Organizing Data: Pulling data from Mintel’s proprietary databases along with external tools and organizing it into digestible forms for clients
- Analyzing Data: Reviewing and analyzing marketing data and campaign creatives to identify key tactical shifts, and new, unique marketing approaches
- Report Writing: Pulling the data and findings into easy-to-follow reports that meet specific client objectives
- Conducting Desk Research: Using company websites, press releases, reliable industry resources and company presentations to research changes and developments impacting various industries, companies, and products
- Collaborating with Team Mates: Working with your colleagues on a regular basis to achieve project milestones and delivering error-free data to the project teams
Who We Are Looking For:
- Data-Driven: You have at least one year of professional experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies (or equivalent academic experience) and working knowledge of when and how to apply them given a specific objective or challenge. You have experience with analyzing data using Excel or statistical software, and will be eager and willing to look for new ways to analyze data to advance Mintel’s research methods.
- Detail-Oriented: You can not only dive deeply into data and check findings for accuracy, but also ensure that you’ve exhausted the resources available to answer specific project objectives
- A Storyteller: You are able to pull various types of data sets into a story, with experience weaving compelling narratives to meet objectives.
- Naturally Curious: You are always drawn to knowing the “why” behind things and great at digging into the data to pull out key points of interest.
- Can-do Attitude: You have a positive attitude and are a self-starter, eager to learn and develop in and beyond this role.
- Multi-tasker: You can pivot on a moment’s notice; managing multiple projects and varying timelines to make sure client deadlines for each project are met. Organizational and problem solving skills are a must.
- Great Communicator: You are able to read your audience to effectively engage and adapt your communication style to suit each client and internal business partner.
- Collaborator: You take pride in the team you are a part of and the work you produce. Cultivating professional relationships with your colleagues is important and you are constantly finding innovative and unique ways to create an exceptional work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets