Are you passionate about product development? Can you lead projects and teams? Are you a great communicator who loves coming up with simple solutions to difficult problems? Do you have a passion for digital content and ensuring insight and data is easy to discover? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you on our Product Development team. You need to be well organised, pragmatic and keen to work with a wide variety of people and teams to help make the best decisions for the future of our products.
Our clients expect us to connect them quickly and accurately with the information they need to make great business decisions. That can be a challenge: we have a wealth of data and insight that can help them, but it can be tricky to rapidly narrow it down to the document, paragraph, infographic or stat that will give them what they need. That's where you come in.
We're looking for a Product Manager who is familiar with the entire search landscape: who can go from discussing the details of an algorithm to the hows and whys of SEO, from the UX of a good search interface to the technical challenges of getting from a search to a single answer. You don't need to be an expert in any of it, but you do need to be interested in all of it.
You'll be encouraged to experiment, measure and iterate, running tests and trying new ideas to get our clients the best results you can. You’ll be heavily involved in the ongoing tactical and strategic development of Mintel's products, including support of our global client base. You will specialise in Search & Discoverability and be engaged with development work on a number of different projects and products, depending on the needs of the business. And you'll likely have the opportunity to travel to some of Mintel's global offices (Chicago, London, Singapore, Shanghai).
- Experiment and measure: Think creatively about how we can improve our search experience for our users, rapidly testing your hypotheses before rolling out improvements to our global audience.
- Data driven decisions: Gather and use data and insight to drive strategic decision-making and development of requirements to improve search quality.
- Customer centric decisions: Work closely with our clients and internal teams to identify client needs and client satisfaction levels.
- End-to-end ownership: Manage the product development process from idea generation to delivery. This includes needs assessment, creating comprehensive product specification, managing project plans, testing of new development and leading cross-functional project teams.
- Delivery driven: Drive the day-to-day management of search on Mintel’s products. This includes ongoing prioritisation of issues, change requests and new feature requests. Manage a strong working relationship with IT to ensure needs are met and deadlines are observed.
- Visionary: Collaborate with the Global Product Team to develop and advance our product strategy, as a champion and thought leader for Mintel’s products.
- Stakeholder communications and buy-in: Partner with the Engineering, UX, Sales, Marketing and Content teams to develop and deliver excellent communication plans for all product changes and improvements.
- 3+ years relevant business experience, preferably in product management.
- Recent experience optimising / improving the search and discovery process on a digital product.
- Strong collaborator and team member.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and converting this into actionable outcomes.
- Strive for excellence and continually seeking ways to raise the bar.
- A passion for personal development and continually improving your skills.
- Resilient and have a bias for action.
You may also have:
- Exposure to working across multiple international regions.