Mintel Consulting is an exciting place for people that have a passion for helping clients grow their business. We are in search of a Consultant with 3-5 years of consulting experience, or perhaps a Master’s degree and somewhat less experience. Candidates will be ready to take a step up in developing client relationships, have exposure to and ability to discuss strategy, innovation and design, and demonstrate general commercial abilities from the start.
Candidates will be asked to demonstrate skills in critical thinking, enjoy presenting to groups, display poise under pressure, contribute to multiple complex projects and lead basic projects. Eagerness to participate in and fuel inspiration for creative thinking sessions and workshops expected!
This role has the option of sitting in our US headquarters office in Chicago or working remotely in the United States (in all states aside from New Jersey and Florida) as long as the individual has eligible working rights in the US. Interviews and onboarding are currently being conducted virtually.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with account managers and assist more senior consultants in winning business and building client relationships
- Prepare custom analysis and insight for clients by devising creative solutions, using original research, a library of pre-published content, and external quantitative and qualitative agencies
- Be able to craft a tight strategic narrative and learning how to make effective recommendations
- Rapidly organize information, draw conclusions, identify patterns, and succinctly communicate key points
- Display ability to perform a wide range of roles on different projects
- Translate knowledge visually
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of client-types (eg, manufacturers, retailers, and advertisers)
- Build Mintel Consulting by networking across sales, marketing, product development, and other departments
Who We Are Looking For:
While we may have a wish list, we are always open to looking at different profiles for our roles, so please don’t hesitate in applying even if your experience does not check all of the boxes. We believe there is no one perfect resume for a role, but there is a perfect candidate for us, and that could be you.
- Commercially-Minded: You have a demonstrated talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an instinct for commercial opportunities, and a nuanced understanding of consumer insights are critical.
- A Storyteller: You are a lateral thinker, an intuitive dot-connector, and have experience weaving compelling narratives out of disparate facts across a wide range of categories.
- Data-Driven: You have solid familiarity with most forms of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given client challenge. You should have expertise working with complex data sets, including econometrics, statistics, consumer surveys, and syndicated sales data, such as IRI or Nielsen. Experience with Business Intelligence and collaboration tools such as Tableau, Looker, Jira, Miro, etc. would be a plus.
- Naturally Curious: You are always drawn to knowing the “why” behind things and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of clients’ challenges and goals.
- An Influencer: You have experience with brand strategy, innovation, or creative workshops and the energy, intellect, humility and passion that draws people to wanting to learn more from you.
- A Great Communicator: You are able to visualize strategic thought in evocative and engaging presentations, delivered with confidence and authority and can adapt your communication style to suit each client and internal business partner.
- A Collaborator: You take pride in the team you are a part of and the work you produce. Cultivating professional relationships with your colleagues is important and you are constantly finding innovative and unique ways to create an exceptional work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets