The Vendor Manager is responsible for the oversight of the Comperemedia vendor partners, as well as continuing to develop our vendor management program. This role is ideally suited for someone with experience managing and nurturing multiple vendor relationships in a largely digital environment.
Qualities needed for this role are excellent communications skills, highly organized, great attention to detail, creativity, persistence, ability to work with people across a wide variety of jobs levels and backgrounds.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Continue to improve and strengthen our partnerships with vendors
- Implement processes that allow for more effective vendor management
- Oversight of 10 – 15 key relationships
- Identify potential vendors and conduct research to determine the best options for Mintel
- Negotiate renewal contracts with vendors
- Support internal stakeholders in resolving any issues with the vendors
- Ensure that panels are meeting demographic and participation expectations
- Produce regular management reports on key performance indicators for executive leadership
- Traveling nationally/internationally to vendor sites as needed (10% or less travel time)
What We Are Looking For:
- Commercially-minded: You are easily able to identify improvement opportunities and you can comfortably and enthusiastically pitch your new ideas to leadership. You thrive on making a lasting impact on an organization.
- Knowledgeable in Vendor Management: You have significant experience with vendor management, project management or business development.
- People Smart: You are able to easily adapt to different personalities and levels within an organization.
- Committed to Personal Growth: You are committed to continuous learning and growth, constantly pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skillset.
- Naturally curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating external conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of a products challenges and goals.
- Humble: You are humble, yet confident. You willingly admit when you need help, and you know how and when to utilize the resources and people around you. You are also willing to share your own knowledge for the benefit of the team.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities, and you are eager to take ownership and accountability for the success of the programs you develop. You have proven ability to balance big-picture thinking with daily details and deliverables.
- Great Communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and can adapt your communication style to suit each client and internal business partner.
- Tech-savvy: You are quick to learn new technologies and also have deep experience with Excel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets