Mintel is an independent award-winning provider of world-leading market intelligence, delivering robust information, analysis and critical recommendations. Mintel's trusted portfolio of proprietary industry solutions and products has been supporting high profile clients in key sectors such as FMCG, financial services, media, retail, leisure and education for nearly 50 years.
With an expanding global presence, our worldwide office locations include London, Chicago, New York, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Mumbai.
This is an exciting, Singapore based role focused on supporting the sales team in expanding our client base in Southeast Asia. This role reports directly to the Regional Sales Director for Southeast Asia. This individual will join a very successful team that serves as an integral part of Mintel's business and growth plans. The role requires a hungry, motivated and organized person that is eager to learn and have opportunities for career and knowledge growth within the business and wider industry. Mintel has a proven and successful business model in emerging markets and we are looking for the right candidate to support our growth goals in Southeast Asia, with a primary focus on the Singapore market.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Supporting the Regional Director of Sales in responding to inbound leads, outbound prospecting, appointment setting and follow ups
- Own and make continuous improvement to our inbound lead management and response in Southeast Asia, working closely with Marketing and Revenue Operations team
- Develop and execute our outbound prospecting process to create sustainable pipeline growth in Southeast Asia using best practices and available tools
- Identify potential clients and their decision makers through researching and phone calls
- Penetrate new markets and create warm leads for the sales team, working closely with BD Managers and Regional Sales Director
- Manage and track a high volume of telephone, email and LinkedIn based communications
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and potential business partners in an effort to promote a climate that facilitates future sales for the organization
- Drafting of correspondence, coordinating and scheduling meetings, and completing all paper necessary to facilitate business
- Understand the demand / requirements expected by clients through initial scoping and discovery calls
- Promote organizational services by scheduling appointments and giving initial presentation over Zoom
- Effectively utilize Mintel’s CRM system and leverage Mintel’s internal resources to support business growth
Who We Are Looking For:
- Hunters: You are a metrics-driven sales individual with a proven track record of success. You have excellent communication and prospecting skills and are comfortable making cold and warm introductions over the phone, in-person and via email.
- Achievers: You have a strong track record of meeting and exceeding sales related targets. You possess and apply practical and technical skills, knowledge, and experience related to sales and customer service.
- Commercially-Minded: You initiate sales meetings to speak with and listen to clients and are easily able to identify potential sales opportunities. You can comfortably and enthusiastically pitch our suite of products.
- People Smart: You are able to easily adapt to different personalities and levels within an organization.
- Committed to Personal Growth: You are constantly craving learning and development and consistently pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skill-sets.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of clients’ challenges and goals.
- Humble: You have the grit and competitiveness to find ways to always be moving forward, no matter the obstacle in front of you but you have the humbleness to realize that all of the success you have achieved is because of so many others around you. You have a very high EQi and when facing adversity, you are known as a pragmatic optimist. You don't take rejection personally; you see it as a challenge.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Great Communicators: You have an extremely consultative and energetic personality with polished verbal and written communication skills. You are not only a strong speaker, but also a strong listener and take the time to know your audience. You speak clearly, concisely and present yourself with confidence.