Who we are
Mintel began four decades ago, providing food and drink research in the UK. Now the brand spans all corners of the globe with offices in other countries including in Malaysia. Mintel's leading Analysts are world-renowned experts in diverse areas such as leisure, consumer goods, beauty, retail, financial services, sales promotion and social trends.
We are looking for a Junior Researcher to join our global team, reporting to a Regional Manager, to provide telephone and internet based research of Hong Kong. The successful candidate will be working with some of the most recognisable consumer brands, delivering market data, helping our global clients to grow and develop their businesses, responding to ad hoc requests, as well as feeding into long term strategic planning. This position is based at our Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia office.
As a Junior Researcher you will:
- Carry out economic market research for various different sectors within Hong Kong, using desk research on secondary published resources and communicating regularly with trade associations, national statistics, governmental agencies and the leading players within each sector, both by email and over the phone.
- Find quality, timely and reliable data specifically on the market size, market segmentation, market shares, brand shares, key players and forecasts for each markets
- Input all relevant data into a web-based platform which will be quality checked and validated by the Regional Manager
- Aim to continuously improve the research process, from the sources of information used, transfer of knowledge and final product quality
- Provide insight and opinion into the markets where required
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with contacts within research sources
We are excited hearing from you, if you…
- are educated to degree level
- have excellent analytical skills
- do enjoy working with numbers
- are fluent in English and Cantonese (written and spoken)
- have knowledge of Hong Kong (have lived in the country for at least 2 years) would be a plus
- have good communication skills
- feel confident in conducting online desk research in English and Cantonese
- feel confident in conducting telephone research (not CATI) in English and Cantonese
- have a good knowledge of Excel and Word
- any previous experience of outbound calls for sales/research/customer services purposes within Hong Kong would be a plus
- it is an advantage to have a good understanding of the FMCG markets and retail structure of Hong Kong