Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency, and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets, and we aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology allows us to deliver data, insights, and opinions in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a team developing and enhancing our back-end services. These authentication, data delivery, and data transformation services are used across our suite of client facing applications. In this role, you would:
- Take responsibility for your own productivity and the quality of your work.
- Contribute to your team’s more complex technical work in a self-sufficient manner.
- Collaborate with engineering leads and architects to outline general and technology-specific best practices and standards.
- Help to educate the rest of the team about the agreed-upon standards.
- Provide feedback on team members’ code reviews and approve or reject submissions in areas where they have more expertise.
- Actively contribute to all team meetings by speaking up when a case intersects with areas you have strong knowledge in and asking questions about all cases to ensure anyone on the team can take ownership of them.
- Maintain an understanding of the technical health of systems you work on and help ideate improvements when requested.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineering professional
- Experience with server-side languages, such as Python
- Experience in building shared services and APIs
We hope you’ll like our…
- Culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working
- Generous holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned
- Fully remote interview and onboarding process until safety levels increase
- Frequent social events, both within the department and across the company
- Future working model will be a blend of home and office working