This newly created London-based Learning & Development position will play a key role in the onboarding and continuous development of our EMEA commercial team, which comprises sales, customer success and consulting.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing others, a desire to collaborate with coworkers and embrace a fast-paced sales focused working environment. In your role, you will champion employee growth and development while creating a fun environment for Mintel employees on their continuous learning path.
You will report to the Regional Learning & Development Manager, EMEA and work closely with the global L&D team.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Deliver in-person and virtual training and facilitate sessions on topics related to:- Sales skills, problem solving, ideation, client relationship management and Product Training; Sales Enablement tools. Content will be delivered in workshop settings, one-to-ones and micromodules hosted on our learning management platform.
- Coach, mentor and serve as a resource to managers and new employees as they develop and refine the required skills to be successful in their role.
- Create and conduct role play opportunities for all lines of business to support the learning objectives for an individual, team or cohort
- Monitor and record progress, effectiveness and certifications
- Partner with the EMEA commercial leadership team to ensure key learning goals are being met.
- Actively engage with members of the global L&D team to contribute ideas, develop new content and problem solve.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a training, education or client-facing role
- A background in public speaking, presentation and facilitation
- Understanding of the sales process, preferably with client service experience
Professional and personal characteristics
- Communication Skills - Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation Skills - Exceptional presentation skills and the ability to offer feedback to those seeking advancement in this area.
- Organisational Skills - Organises and adapts workload and priorities.
- Commercial Focused - Able to understand and adapt to the needs of the business and have a passion for helping achieve commercial objectives.
- Relationship building - Able to quickly establish rapport and maintain relationships.
- Listening skills - Listens to clearly understand learners’ and business’ needs.
- Adaptability - Adapts well to new ideas and initiatives. Changes project plans to meet new priorities.
- Problem Solving - Identifies practical solutions when pre-defined solutions are not applicable.
- Client Focused - Looks for ways to add value to our program to better meet the needs of the business.
- Initiative - Acts on opportunities to improve organizational processes or outcomes.
- Teamwork - Facilitates collaboration across teams to achieve a common goal.
- Cultural Diversity - Able to interact and engage with people from all levels of the organisation and all backgrounds.