Mintel is seeking a Taxonomy Specialist to maintain the data quality and the taxonomy for Mintel’s Comperemedia Omni product. In this role, you will work closely with internal Operations and QC teams, as well as with external data vendors to audit, analyze, and continuously improve data quality. The Taxonomy Specialist plays a key role in building confidence and trust in product data with both internal and external customers.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Managing and continually improving an existing taxonomy that is the foundation of the product
- Working with the Operations, Quality Assurance, IT and Product Development teams to identify and solve problems within the taxonomy
- Creating top-line reports related to both industry and company taxonomy
- Proactively investigating potential data quality issues, then providing and implementing solutions to improve quality
- Accessing and querying large datasets from vendor sites, creating detailed reports for both internal and external clients
- Answering questions or concerns from vendors and delivering appropriate feedback as necessary
- Managing the data quality feedback loop so all issues are corrected at the source in a timely manner and all stakeholders are aware of any issues
- Ensuring that all aspects of the data correction are occurring and data quality is improving
- Completing various audits and analyzing findings across data sets to identify next steps for improvement
- Maintaining documentation for processing decisions to ensure consistent application of methodology
- Training various teams on any quality issues or discrepancies that arise
- Helping to roll out new information to the vendors, the Mintel operations team, and the Mintel QC team
What We Are Looking For:
- Great Communicator: You are an effective communicator who can discuss difficult technologies while also focusing on the audience to tailor discussions.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating vendor conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of impending challenges and goals.
- Data-Driven : You have proven analytical skills and are able to rapidly organize information, draw conclusions, identify patterns, and succinctly communicate key points and translate your knowledge visually. You have strong familiarity with taxonomies and data relationships and can understand complex processes.
- Committed to Personal Growth: You are committed to continuous learning and growth, constantly pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skill set.
- Commercially-Minded : You are dedicated to quality, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in your work to elevate our products.
- Tech-Savvy : You have excellent Excel skills and are able to find creative ways to help clients digest and derive insights from large sets of data.
- Humble : You are humble, yet confident. You willingly admit when you need help, and you know how and when to utilize the resources and people around you. You are also willing to share your own knowledge for the benefit of the team.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities, and you are eager to take ownership and accountability for the growth of our products.
- A Collaborator: You bring an energy to the table that encourages and develops internal relationships. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and across the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets