Mintel is in search of an experienced research and market analyst with expertise in OTC remedies and general health trends. The qualified individual will contribute to our internationally recognized publications by creating relevant, thoughtful, comprehensive market reports. This analyst will apply his/her extensive industry knowledge and critical thinking to both qualitative and quantitative research. This expert will join a team of industry analysts dedicated to delivering compelling syndicated and custom reports to a wide range of the world’s largest and most creative companies.
This Analyst works as part of a team of Analysts, sharing ideas and insight, while taking ownership of specific product areas. Main responsibilities include keeping up with relevant industry news, developing consumer research questionnaires, writing comprehensive syndicated research reports, handling client queries, and working with Mintel’s sales and marketing/PR teams.
What You Will Be Doing:
Insight generation and writing:
- Create insightful, relevant analysis of OTC remedies and health markets that include consumer, market, retailer and/or manufacturer research and perspective.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative consumer research studies and analyze resulting data
- Translate research findings for clients through data visualization and written analysis that provides actionable insights, demonstrates critical thinking, and offers forward looking statements that impact our readers’ business/careers
- Act as a Mintel spokesperson in the areas of OTC remedies and health trends
- Conduct trade interviews in order to gain insight into the key issues facing the industry
- Interact with a wide variety of clients ranging from small marketing agencies to multi-national giants
- Maintain daily contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company including Global Analysts, Research Services, Sales, PR and Marketing teams
Who We Are Looking For:
- A Researcher: At least three years’ experience in a relevant consumer/media/marketing research, shopper or consumer insights, branding or consulting role with an emphasis on health trends.
- A Strategic Thinker: You have the ability to identify patterns in data, translate these patterns into what it means for industry consumers and brands, and make recommendations based on your insights.
- A Skilled Writer: You are able to observe brand and consumer activity across a wide range of categories to create compelling stories of how consumer trends are evolving and create content that excites and inspires audiences with the latest trend thinking.
- Commercially-Minded: You are dedicated to quality, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in your work to elevate Mintel as a top consumer insights company.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating internal and external data, asking second and third level questions to see the patterns behind data to craft expert analysis to be used by clients.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Great Communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and can adapt your communication style to internal and external partners. You speak clearly, concisely, and present yourself with confidence.
- A Collaborator: You bring an energy to the table that encourages and develops internal relationships. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and across the organization to ultimately elevate our clients’ experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets