The Senior PR and Communications Executive, South APAC will help to develop, implement and coordinate South APAC related public relations work, as well as support marketing initiatives in an effort to build Mintel’s brand awareness, intensify share of voices in the target industries in APAC Region, mainly in South Asia and at regional level.
The incumbent should be flexible and able to respond to the needs of the business request. The incumbent should be a great team player to collaboratively move things forward, proactive owner of PR campaigns and willing to support marketing initiatives. This role will be based in Singapore.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Help to develop PR strategy and put into execution for Mintel in south APAC region, mainly covering Singapore and Southeast Asia (excluding India and Thailand) based on current brand positioning; build strong relationships with media stakeholders for story pitch; own and update media database within South APAC and broader APAC region for Mintel.
- Respond to incoming media requests and arrange media interviews with relevant analysts.
- Pitch for media interviews to generate in-depth coverage to intensify Mintel’s share of voices in the market.
- Support, secure and coordinate thought leadership speakerships within South APAC and broader APAC region.
- Draft and review press releases, talking points, key messages, Q&A, blogs, etc all communications materials; create social media content for South APAC and broader APAC region.
- Support marketing initiatives like webinar, content marketing, trade shows within South APAC upon request.
- Understand business needs, find solutions from a marketing point of view to help solve the problems or challenges the commercial team is facing with integrated marketing and PR tools.
- Be a key member of APAC Marketing team, support APAC level and global level campaigns implementation to make sure it is carried out efficiently in local markets
Required skills / qualifications:
- Possess Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent.
- Minimum 4 – 6 years or above experience in public relations and communications function, both PR agency or in-house PR role is preferable.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven recent track history in planning and executing PR campaigns within APAC region.
- Fluent English as working language.
- Ability to manage time well, work under own initiative and prioritize own work.
- Strong organisational skills and good work ethic, with attention to detail and results driven.
- Proven strategic, planning, and multitasking skills.
- Track record as a high performer under pressure and adherence to deadlines with a quality outcome.
- Demonstrated business maturity and professionalism.
- Understanding of working within corporate structure for approval processes.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media networks.