Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency, and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets, and we aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology allows us to deliver data, insights, and opinions in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help write ETL software to transfer our existing siloed data into an enterprise data warehouse. As part of this process, we’re leveraging technology such as Snowflake, Data Vault 2.0, and dbt.
- Take responsibility for your own productivity and the quality of your work.
- Contribute to your team’s technical work autonomously and reliably move projects forward.
- Follow engineering and technology-specific best practices and standards as outlined by engineering leads and architects for the team.
- Apply feedback from code reviews to future work and avoid making similar mistakes multiple times. Provide feedback on team members’ code reviews and approve or reject submissions in areas where they have more expertise.
- Actively contribute to all team meetings by speaking up when a case intersects with areas you have strong knowledge in.
- Consider team processes and suggest improvements when you dislike how something is working.
- Work proactively with any and all team members on cases. Reach out to other teams within IT when your work intersects. Teach newer team members about parts of the codebase where you have strong knowledge.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-3 years experience as a software engineering professional
- Good English writing and speaking skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology platforms
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment and progress with the team
- Appetite for digging into existing data to understand business requirements
- Experience writing ETL software
- Knowledge of database design and usage, such as MySQL
- Experience with source control in a team environment, such as Git or SVN
- Experience with server-side languages, such as Python or Go
- Experience with Python framework, such as Django
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with Agile development methodology, such as Scrum
- Knowledge of unit testing
We hope you’ll like our:
- Culture that supports true collaboration whilst embracing remote working
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned
- Frequent social events, both within the department and across the company
- Future working model will be a blend of home and office working