The Mintel Custom Innovation team is responsible for bridging strategy and creativity with leading-edge data science, research, and analytics. A Senior Innovation Strategist on our team must have a restless curiosity about the world, the ability to pivot on a dime, a commercial mind that is always thinking end-game, and a confidence that they can be the most creative person in the room.
The right candidate will be able to vision work plans that can generate the insights necessary to recommend practical sustained innovation and spark disruptive ideas. You will have the opportunity to shape and scale the direction of our Custom Innovation team offering.
You will need to have 6-10 years of experience in brand planning or innovation strategy, ideally within an agency environment. You should be able to demonstrate skills in critical thinking, be effective presenting to high-level executives, display poise under pressure, and be able to seamlessly shift from high altitude thinking to the tangible and practical.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Helping to lead the full lifecycle of innovation projects from pitching to proposing to execution. You will also help to identify new, impactful ways to apply data science principles to innovation, and integrate effectively with researchers, data scientists, category experts, and other strategic personnel.
- Serving as a thought leader and innovator both internally and with Mintel’s clients.
- Collaborating with a highly motivated team of client-facing account managers and consultants to develop commercial opportunities for premium innovation services.
- Crafting tight strategic narratives and providing solid recommendations to Directors, VPs, and the C-suite within manufacturing, retail, and advertising industries.
- Creating vision work plans to coordinate with other disciplinary experts to lead client proposals.
We Are Looking For People Who Are:
Commercially-Minded: You have an instinct for commercial opportunities, develop and expand client relationships, develop business, and will drive Mintel’s value proposition
Consumer-Led: You have a demonstrated talent for spotting trends and patterns, and a nuanced understanding of consumer insights
Strategists: You are a lateral thinker, an intuitive dot-connector, and have experience weaving compelling narratives out of disparate facts across a wide range of categories.
Data-Driven: You have a strong familiarity with most forms of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given client challenge
Naturally Curious: You are always drawn to knowing the “why” behind things and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of clients’ challenges and goals.
Influencers: You have experience leading strategy, innovation, or creative workshops and the energy, intellect, humility and passion that draws people to wanting to learn more from you.
Great Communicators: You are able to visualize strategic thought in evocative and engaging presentations, delivered with confidence and authority and can adapt your communication style to suit each client and internal business partner.
Collaborators: You take pride in the team you are a part of and the work you produce. Cultivating professional relationships with your colleagues is important and you are constantly finding innovative and unique ways to create an exceptional work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets