Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency, and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets, and we aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology allows us to deliver data, insights, and opinions in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We are looking for a talented DevOps engineer to work with Mintel’s application development teams to improve the security, reliability and deployment health of our existing on-premises applications and services. Improvements will be a mixture of improving systems in place and moving components / entire stacks to a cloud environment/infrastructure.
We strive to follow the practices outlined in the Site Reliability Engineering book.
If your skills and experience help us deliver these improvements effectively, we want to talk to you!
What you will be doing:
- Providing advice and development expertise to teams looking to improve the stability and reliability of their applications.
- Replacing on-premises components and infrastructure with cloud-based SaaS/IaaS offerings.
- Engaging with developers to educate them on DevOps principles and best practices, understand their frustrations and develop solutions that accelerate their productivity.
- Evaluating new technologies on their suitability and applicability at Mintel and put the promising ones into production.
- Configuring Logging and monitoring using Loki, Cortex and Prometheus.
- Developing and optimizing automated testing and deployment strategies.
- Using and contributing to open-source software.
What are we looking for?:
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred, but in no way a dealbreaker)
- A passion for cloud-based solutions and DevOps principles and practices.
- Confident using the Linux command line.
- Experience with debugging issues spanning an entire application stack and its associated infrastructure.
- Familiarity with the concepts of “12-factor-apps" and transition to cloud projects
- Experience developing applications and services.
- Experience with programming languages, such as Python, Go, Java or Shell
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools would be beneficial.
- A mindset geared towards collaboration and open communication
What’s in it for you?
- We have a culture that supports truly collaborative working, even though our entire team is currently working from home!
- Generous holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy back additional holiday
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned
- Fully remote interview and onboarding process and a blended approach to work in the future