With over 20,000 media mentions each year, Mintel is never far from the headlines. The global PR team helps inform Mintel’s worldwide audience of the latest trends, innovations, and market developments that impact a diverse range of industries.
We are looking for an extraordinary person - creative, organized, driven, and fun - to join the global marketing team as a PR Manager who will drive the public relations strategy across the US, Canada, and Latin America, further growing our brand awareness among leading CPG, B2B, business, and marketing/advertising press across the region.
As the PR Manager, you will help develop, coordinate, and execute media relations and social media strategies, dividing their time between promoting Mintel’s CPG and Professional Services products in the US, Canada, and Latin America, and promoting Mintel Comperemedia’s competitive marketing products in the US and Canada. You will also lend your creativity and expertise to drive Mintel’s global PR initiatives forward.
You should come into this role with proven (and impressive) media relationships and results, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and at least 5 years of experience in Public Relations.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Owning the Americas PR Strategy: You will support the development - and own the execution - of the Americans PR strategy, including both Mintel and Comperemedia.
- Leading a Team: You will lead and manage one PR Associate - providing supervision, leadership and motivation. This will include providing one-on-one mentoring, ensuring KPIs are met.
- Growing Mintel’s Brand Awareness: You will focus on building our media profile across the US, Canada, and Latin America.
- Managing Existing Media Relationships: You will establish rapport with key media contacts and evaluate and develop new media relationships through proactive outreach.
- Responding to Incoming Media Requests: You will reply to media requests and arrange media interviews with relevant analysts.
- Proactively Identifying Trends: You will know how to spot trends and can confidently pitch ideas to generate media coverage.
- Creating and Editing Engaging Content: You will develop content through press releases, contributed articles, and social media that amplify Mintel’s brand awareness, elevate analyst thought leadership and generate commercial leads.
- Managing Schedules: You will own and manage the Americas press release, pitch, and KPI reporting schedules.
- Develop Internal Communications: You will facilitate and deliver excellent internal communications to senior leadership and stakeholders concerning PR strategy and performance.
- Generating Innovative Ideas: You will employ a creative and proactive approach to work, with the ability to see the 'bigger picture' and bring new ideas and initiatives to the team to raise the corporate profile.
- Coaching Internal Analysts: You will provide guidance and coaching on effective media interaction with the press for our internal teams.
- Monitoring KPIs: You will regularly track team KPIs and goals, with performance and reporting top of mind.
Who We Are Looking For:
- A Relationship Builder: You have built good relationships with high-level media contacts in the US (in Canada and/or Latin America a plus) and will come into this role ready to leverage these.
- A Lateral Thinker: You are able to spot interesting stories across a wide range of industries (ie food, beauty, financial services, retail), markets (ie US, Canada, Brazil), and media channels (ie social media, email, direct mail, podcasts) and can identify ways Mintel can leverage these in the press. You have the ability to prepare and disseminate data quickly and effectively to numerous media contacts.
- An Executor: You have proven experience executing multichannel brand and/or product campaigns, taking the lead on the PR components of the campaign.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating internal and external data, asking second- and third-level questions to see the patterns behind data to craft relevant and timely stories for press.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Great Communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and have proven success pitching the press, with specific results to show for it.
- Tech-Savvy: You have excellent Google Workspace skills and ideally have some exposure using various internal marketing and public relations tools such as Hootsuite, Marketo, Sproutsocial, Cision, and Muckrack.
- A Collaborator: You bring an energy to the table that encourages and develops internal relationships. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and across the organization to elevate our brand awareness in the press and public spheres.
Commercially Minded: You are dedicated to quality, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in your work to elevate Mintel as the world’s leading market intelligence agency.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets