MINTEL GROUP LTD
Mintel is an independent award-winning provider of world-leading market intelligence, delivering robust information, analysis and critical recommendations. Mintel's trusted portfolio of proprietary industry solutions and products has been supporting high profile clients in key sectors such as FMCG, financial services, media, retail, leisure and education for over 40 years.
With an expanding global presence, our worldwide office locations include London, Chicago, New York, Shanghai, Tokyo, Sydney, Singapore, Mumbai, Seoul. With our expanding client base in East China, we are now looking to hire a Senior Business Development Manager to support the business growth in this area.
The Senior Business Development Manager, East China will report to the Head of CPG China.
The role is aimed to be an individual contributor to driving the new business growth for this territory within the given sector.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible to drive/grow the new business portfolio in the given sectors/territories
- Identify and manage client prospect pool and drive meetings at senior signatory/C-level.
- Cold calling and pitching new business opportunity
- Achieve monthly activity and growth targets with minimal manager support
- Provide weekly, sales forecast to manager
- Cooperate with Account team to ensure renewability and long term commitment from prospects
- Proactively share market feedback information to line manager to improve penetration and growth in market
This is a very important hire for the business. The actual personality and ‘fit’ for the business will be as important as the technical skills required. The person will need to be comfortable working autonomously and without ‘day to day’ supervision.
The person will be;
- A self-starter and self-motivated
- An independent strong contributor
- Energetic and hungry and fast learner
- Enthusiastic and passionate – have a genuine interest in the product. Have the presence and ability to ‘excite’ people about the service
- Leaning more on the ‘quiet confidence’ as opposed to ‘brash’ sales style
- A consultative approach
- A listener and open
- An effective communicator – both written and ‘on his feet’
- A strong presenter
- An effective time manager – considering the travel and size of the region to cover
- Supportive of peers within the business
- Customer focused – committed to the customer and servicing the customer
- Experience in FMCG and being well-connected in the industry will be a plus.
- Able to communicate in English
SKILL & COMPETENCY SPECIFICATIONS
- Tertiary qualifications such as business, commerce, marketing etc. would be most suitable but not essential.
- Demonstrated achievement and experience managing accounts and developing new business
- Managing/working with multinationals will be a plus
- Presenting and gaining credibility within the client base
- Over 6+ years FMCG experience or working experience
- Strong knowledge of the Sales
- English communication is required