This position will sit on our growing Comperemedia department and requires an analytical, detail-oriented and quality-driven person with a high level of curiosity. As an Associate Research Analyst, you play a key role in supporting the client project teams to deliver strategic insights. The primary role of the Associate Research Analyst is to collect and organize data in a way to allow the analysts to hone in on the insights and opportunities for clients.
This position will work across the project teams to contribute to clients’ final reports and presentations. Your work includes a variety of projects requiring sharp time management skills and a keen attention to detail. The ideal candidate is an individual who not only understands the requirements of managing and executing a multifaceted project, but is also motivated and excited by the complexities of it. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for those seeking to pursue a career in market research.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Pulling and cleaning data from multiple internal databases
- Identify noteworthy changes in the data, strategy and/or messaging and identify new and unique marketing campaigns
- Organize data into XLS and PPT in a meaningful way and talk through findings with team members
- Conduct “desk research” on new product launches, changes and developments impacting various industries, companies, and products while utilizing company websites press releases, reliable industry resources and company presentations
- Collaborate and meet with team members on a regular basis to achieve project milestones and deliver error-free data to the project teams
We Are Looking for People Who Are:
- A Subject Matter Expert: You live and breathe insights. You follow blogs and industry resources and are well-versed in market innovators and disruptors. You are able to predict emerging trends in the industry.
- Commercially-Minded: You are dedicated to quality, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in your work to elevate Mintel as a top consumer insights company.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating internal and external data, asking second and third level questions to see the patterns behind data to craft expert analysis to be used by clients.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Great Communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and can adapt your communication style to internal and external partners. You speak clearly, concisely, and present yourself with confidence.
- Tech-Savvy: You have excellent Microsoft Excel skills: Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, Production Files, Formulas. You are able to find creative ways to help clients digest and derive insights from large sets of data. You ideally have experience working with SPSS, Python, or SAS.
- A Collaborator: You bring an energy to the table that encourages and develops internal relationships. You seek out opportunities to collaborate with peers in your department and across the organization to ultimately elevate our clients experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets