Mintel is an independent award-winning provider of world-leading market intelligence, delivering robust information, analysis and critical recommendations. Mintel's trusted portfolio of proprietary industry solutions and products has been supporting high profile clients in key sectors such as FMCG, financial services, media, retail, leisure and education for nearly 50 years.
With an expanding global presence, our worldwide office locations include London, Chicago, New York, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Mumbai.
This is an exciting role focused on expanding our client base in Indonesia and is part of the wider Southeast Asia Business Development Team, reporting to the Director of the team in Singapore. This individual will join a very successful team that serves as an integral part of Mintel's business and will get the opportunity to partner with some of the key players in the industries we serve to sell our entire suite of research solutions. The role requires a hungry and motivated salesperson but comes with a lucrative uncapped commission plan and incredible growth opportunities within the business. Mintel has a proven and successful business model in emerging markets and we are looking for the right candidate to take the lead for Indonesia.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Creating a consultative strategy to target clients within the FMCG industry
- Identifying and prospecting key decision makers within marketing and research divisions to understand their specific competitive needs
- Delivering exceptional sales results against net-new revenue target on a quarterly basis
- Conducting web conference demonstrations and traveling to prospects for face-to-face meetings (post-Covid), discussing the benefits and impact Mintel data can bring to their business
Who We Are Looking For:
- Hunters: You are a metrics-driven sales individual with a proven track record of success. You have excellent closing and prospecting skills and are comfortable making cold and warm introductions over the phone, in-person and via email.
- Achievers: You have a strong track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets, selling solutions to the C-suite. You possess and apply practical and technical skills, knowledge, and experience related to sales and customer service.
- Commercially-Minded: You initiate sales meetings to speak with and listen to clients and are easily able to identify potential sales opportunities. You can comfortably and enthusiastically pitch our suite of products and network at the highest possible levels within prospects to ensure there is appropriate executive engagement.
- People Smart: You are able to easily adapt to different personalities and levels within an organization.
- Committed to Personal Growth: You are constantly craving learning and development and consistently pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to develop your skill-sets.
- Naturally Curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of clients’ challenges and goals.
- Humble: You have the grit and competitiveness to find ways to always be moving forward, no matter the obstacle in front of you but you have the humbleness to realize that all of the success you have achieved is because of so many others around you. You have a very high EQi and when facing adversity, you are known as a pragmatic optimist. You don't take rejection personally; you see it as a challenge.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities. You have a self-sufficient work ethic; entrepreneurial in spirit and are naturally self-motivated. You welcome the ability to work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Great Communicators: You have an extremely consultative and energetic personality with polished verbal and written communication skills. You are not only a strong speaker, but also a strong listener and take the time to know your audience. You speak clearly, concisely and present yourself with confidence.