Mintel is an independent award-winning provider of world-leading market intelligence, delivering robust information, analysis and critical recommendations. Mintel's trusted portfolio of proprietary industry solutions and products has been supporting high profile clients in key sectors such as FMCG, financial services, media, retail, leisure and education for over 45 years.
Our client’s success is our success. By helping our clients achieve their goals while leveraging Mintel, we will continue to preserve our long-standing relationships and penetrate more areas of their business allowing us to more broadly demonstrate our value.
As a Senior Account Manager, by partnering with internal Client Services Manager, Analysts and Consultants, you will ensure the growth of Mintel accounts in Thailand while delivering return on investment of subscription services.
What We Are Looking For:
- Naturally curious: You are naturally curious and great at navigating client conversations, asking second and third level questions to get at the heart of clients’ challenges and goals.
- Great communicator: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and can adapt your communication style to suit each client and internal business partner.
- Leadership: Exceptional people management skills, including the ability to train, coach and motivate team members towards the same goals.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities, and you are eager to take ownership and accountability for the success of your client portfolio.
- Client-Obsessed & Commercially-minded: You actively set up meetings to speak with and listen to clients and consistently have clients talk to the company about what is and is not working. You network at the highest possible levels within prospects and clients to ensure there is appropriate executive engagement. You have a proven track record of delivering return on investment and achieving targets.
- Assertive: You are humble, yet confident. You willingly admit when you need help, and you know how and when to utilize the resources and people around you. You are also willing to share your own knowledge for the benefit of the team.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Becoming a product expert. Developing in-depth understanding across all Mintel products and service and be able to articulate the best use cases across categories/industries.
- Coaching and developing an excellent account management team. Empowering team members to effectively manage stakeholders, drive growth and increase advertiser satisfaction.
- Maintaining and growing existing account relationships. Within an assigned portfolio, you will be using excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to understand clients’ objectives and key result measures to enhance existing relationships.
- Building a pipeline. Leveraging current client relationships to grow accounts by securing additional products or services to achieve a target portfolio percentage increases. Delivering accurate forecasts to sales management.
- Go wider. Identifying new champions and revenue streams by networking throughout assigned accounts and by leveraging contacts throughout territory.
- Team selling. Leveraging Mintel’s internal resources to grow existing business within territory.
- Negotiating and closing contracts. Delivering industry-leading renewal rates.
- Delivering creative business solutions. Proving ROI on a monthly or quarterly basis to aid in the renewal and enrichment process.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-8 years of account management/customer relationship experiences
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- Proficient written and spoken English and Thai with excellent communication skills
- Agency or tech experience is a plus
- Interested in and keen to learn more about fast-moving consumer goods industry