MINTEL GROUP LTD
Mintel is an independent award-winning provider of world-leading market intelligence, delivering robust information, analysis and critical recommendations. Mintel's trusted portfolio of proprietary industry solutions and products has been supporting high profile clients in key sectors such as FMCG, financial services, media, retail, leisure and education for over 40 years.
The role is aimed to be an individual contributor to driving the new business growth for South of China.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Work strategically with China Headquarters in Shanghai to ensure a healthy business growth
- Grow the regional portfolio by targeting and closing new clients
- Gather and relay market feedback information to the sales and leadership teams
- Set appointments and follow up marketing materials to aid in client follow up
- Achieve monthly Financial and Activity targets, both individually
- Provide weekly, accurate, sales forecasts to Management
- Lead-source and make new business contacts, promoting Mintel and Mintel Products/ Solutions at every point, creating conversations that uncover reasons to use research.
- Perform onsite demonstrations and presentation to prospects and conduct them with the intention of making a Sale at the end
- Frequently trips to Shanghai for sales meetings, team collaborations, and trainings.
This is a very important hire for the business. The actual personality and ‘fit’ for the business will be as important as the technical skills required. The person will need to be comfortable working autonomously and without ‘day to day’ supervision.
The person will be;
- A self-starter and self-motivated
- Energetic and hungry and fast learner
- Enthusiastic and passionate – have a genuine interest in the product. Have the presence and ability to ‘excite’ people about the service
- Leaning more on the ‘quiet confidence’ as opposed to ‘brash’ sales style
- A consultative approach
- A listener and open
- An effective communicator – both written and ‘on his feet’
- A strong presenter
- An effective time manager – considering the travel and size of the region to cover
- Supportive of peers within the business
- Customer focused – committed to the customer and servicing the customer
- Experience in FMCG and being well-connected in FMCG will be a plus
- Able to communicate in English
SKILL & COMPETENCY SPECIFICATIONS
- Tertiary qualifications such as business, commerce, marketing etc. would be most suitable but not essential.
- Demonstrated achievement and experience managing accounts and developing new business
- Managing/working with multinationals will be a plus
- Presenting and gaining credibility within the client base
- Over 4+ years FMCG experience or working experience
- Strong knowledge of the Southern China region
- English communication is required