Mintel China is looking for a candidate that can accelerate the growth of its non-CPG business as well as develop/coach the existing team to succeed the business for future growth. China is the largest contributing business for the APAC region, with Professional services taking about 30% of the total country portfolio, growing yoy. Whilst the current portfolio has been built largely on growth from agency sectors, in 2020, Mintel China will focus in establishing its footprint to a wider non-CPG sector. It will expand its Mintel China Reports significantly from existing 105 to 135 titles; which includes 3 new libraries targeted to further build Mintel’s credentials beyond CPG, reaching to new industries such venture capitalist, fashion/luxury houses, insurance companies and universities. 2020 will be a cornerstone for Mintel China’s business to set foot in achieving its vision to be able to provide insights on consumers to a wider target group.
The preferred candidate will be someone from an established Mintel market from outside APAC, who has the experience in driving growth of non-CPG sectors as well as coaching/developing teams. The duration of the role in China will be 12 months.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the commercial targets in Greater China Region for Professional Services and will be managing and developing a team of Account/Business Development Managers/Executives towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company requirement.
- Proven experience and success as a senior manager or other managerial positions
- Proven commercial success in the business and team development
- Strong understanding and experience of the PS market (in China or overseas)
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong track record of showing outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Primary responsibility of driving the teams to achieve commercial targets; sales, renewal rate and customer service for the PS team in China
- Ensure penetration and growth of Mintel’s footprint within non-CPG sectors (retailers, fashion, venture capitals, finance, universities etc) whilst keeping a balance in continuing our growth opportunities within the current portfolio
- Driving and devising commercial strategy to continue growth of PS sector appropriate sales execution plans, KPIs are in place and monitored with a focused target prospect universe and efficient team structure to deliver
- Working with marketing to target appropriate platforms to expand business reach and prospecting and networking with key sectors and industry leaders at senior level
- Ensuring the right training and development plans are in place and driving the growth of existing teams to succed the role for the future, ensuring to set clear career development/succession plans as per career ladder
- Hiring and recruiting of talent to ensure commercial success
- Represent of the core Mintel Products commercially to ensure the market needs are reflected in the development of our products
- Ensuring client service levels remain to the expected Mintel standard and ensuring that the team is upskilled enough to chase potential upgrade and consultancy opportunities.
- Working closely with the Analyst/Content/Other commercial teams team to allow a service solution that best benefits clients
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are implemented within the team
- Performs other duties as assigned