Are you keenly interested in the food and drink industry?
Do you have a knack for spotting the latest trends?
Are you curious about what drives consumer behaviour?
Do have an entrepreneurial bent?
The role of Senior Global Food and Drink Analyst at Mintel offers you an opportunity to develop your own expertise in China’s FMCG food and drink sector, whilst giving you the opportunity to interact and influence of the world’s largest consumer brands, marketing and advertising agencies.
Mintel’s Food and Drink division started over ten years ago with a simple mission – to help our clients make the products of tomorrow. In this role you will be tasked with challenging their ideas and providing them with fresh insight and analysis by drawing upon Mintel’s vast database of information on global food and drink trends and consumer insights.
Who is Mintel?
Mintel is a leading global market intelligence company, headquartered in London, UK. We work with the world’s most renowned consumer packaged goods companies and their suppliers. Building on its success, Mintel is expanding the China food and drink research team.
- Deliver insight and analysis at the food and drink category and broader consumer level through written monthly content delivered to our clients through the Mintel Food & Drink website.
- Engage with clients by presenting these insights in person and via webinars.
- Speak at conferences, briefings and major industry events
- Meet tight publication deadlines
- At least five years of knowledge and experience gained from working in or with any in the industry sectors: food and drink, retail, and consumer trends
- Ability to analyze multiple sets of data and write concise, insightful analysis
- Ability to think creatively when analyzing and presenting data
- Ability to interact and engage with clients and media
- Experience collaborating and communicating with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders
- Ability to travel
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Passion for, and knowledge of consumer markets (by passion we mean the sensitivity to what’s happening in the market through daily observation of consumers and markets, and the patience to study deep into a subject)
- Business acumen, strong analytical skills and be comfortable working with, interpreting and analysing data
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong willingness to communicate and work with different departments, with good communication and team working skills
- Written and spoken Mandarin and English to business level
- University degree
What we are looking for is a well-presented professional with critical thinking. By critical thinking we mean the ability to come up with an opinion by one-self (instead of repeating what others have been talking about), and this opinion is well argued with the support of relevant data/observation of the market.