Mintel is the world’s leading market intelligence agency. We offer our clients a unique perspective on what consumers want and why as well as importantly – how to navigate this for growth. We are looking for someone who gets excited about innovation strategy, consumer trends and helping brands and businesses grow.
The focus of the Trend & Innovation Consultant role is to support the development of Mintel Consulting activity across the SEA region. You will be working as a senior member of the team, supporting the delivery of bespoke innovation projects for our clients. Based in Mintel Kuala Lumpur office, you will be working alongside the commercial team across the SEA region to understand individual client objectives, designing a tailored approach for every brief. The Trend & Innovation Consultant is responsible for maximising opportunities and optimising revenue across a portfolio of clients, whilst delivering world class projects.
- Scoping projects to optimise the potential of every single opportunity working closely with the SEA sales team.
- The Senior Consultant will demonstrate strong commercial skills with an ability to challenge clients thinking and provide a fresh and innovative perspective.
- Using insight to create compelling, differentiated brand strategy and breakthrough innovation concepts
- Design and delivery of creative workshops
- Preparation and analysis of a range of research methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative
- Supporting the wider team in the development of proposal and pitches.
- Work on the delivery of projects, drawing on the wider Consulting team, Mintel Analyst teams
It is expected that a Senior Consultant will have:
- Passion for and curiosity in brands and innovation
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Creativity, both making connections and original thinking
- Strong sense of individual responsibility as well as ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team
Successful Candidates will:
- Have 5+ year’s relevant SEA work experience within a branded environment, either client or agency side
- Ability to travel as the role requires traveling to major cities in SEA region (up to 40%)
- Scope projects, with strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of Mintel competencies
- Contribute to, fuel inspiration for and ultimately deliver creative thinking workshops
- Define research, data collection and required analysis
- Prepare custom analysis and insight for clients and customise deliverables to fit client needs using original research, a library of pre-published content, and external quantitative and qualitative agencies
- Outline first draft conclusions and recommendations
- Be largely self-sufficient in terms of managing work load and deadlines
- Be a confident presenter, able to co-present report findings and provide valuable input in discussions