Mintel (Consulting) India Private Limited seeks to hire an ambitious, entrepreneurial and service oriented Account Manager to service and grows a portfolio of Mintel’s expanding client base in India. The position will involve day to day management of client accounts as well as strategic development and growth of a client portfolio. The successful candidate should demonstrate a proven track record in servicing and expanding client relationships and showing excellence in maximizing account potential. Ideally candidates will possess a general knowledge and interest in marketing and market research together with a passion and interest for the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for servicing, renewing and expanding a client portfolio who subscribe to Mintel’s award winning research tools and services. Clients will be the leading businesses associated with the FMCG industry in India.
To learn more about Mintel and its tools and services please visit www.mintel.com
- Maintain and develop existing client relationships within an assigned portfolio using excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to detail.
- Create account level business plans specific to assigned portfolio and deliver account service to aid in the renewal and enrichment process.
- Negotiate, renew and grow client relationships at a targeted retention rate as well as cross sell & upsell different Mintel products to grow client partnerships with Mintel.
- Identify new champions and revenue streams by networking throughout assigned accounts and by leveraging contacts throughout the industry.
- Use Mintel's research tools and services to provide top-line analytical support to our clients.
- Present data, train, and communicate comfortably in front of large groups.
- Effectively utilize Mintel’s CRM system to report business activities.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the FMCG industry.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to travel as the role requires traveling to major cities in India (up to 50%)
- 3-5 years proven Account management/Client Servicing experience
- Strong Account Management background with proven success in expanding client relationships, and showing excellence in maximizing account potential.
- Prior experience of working in FMCG or subscription based sales will be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint presentation)
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- Must be a highly motivated individual with a positive, can-do approach to problem-solving
- Must have strong and persistent closing skills
- Confident in speaking and presenting to market research executives, VP Product Development, VP Marketing and other C-level professionals
The successful candidate will be substantially rewarded with a base salary and open-ended commission.