Mintel is looking for a research analyst for its London-based Household Care team to provide one-year maternity cover. The ideal candidate will already have experience generating analysis and insight from a wide range of research sources, and a good understanding of issues that affect the household care industry (including in markets like fabric care, dishwashing, air care, household cleaners and household paper products).
This role will involve delivering global insight and analysis for the category, and researching, writing and updating Mintel’s stream of in-depth UK Household Care Reports.
The role will include:
Delivering insight through the Household Care platform: writing engaging content that will challenge our clients’ thinking by providing fresh analysis and insight, building upon our proprietary data.
Researching and writing consumer reports: using a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative and qualitative consumer research, to create insightful, relevant reports in a wide range of household care markets
Working with other Mintel teams: liaising with the sales, consumer research, data analytics, and PR and marketing teams.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Experience in a research-based or analytical role, or a background in journalism (eg trade press).
- An understanding of the household care sector.
- Ability to write concise, insightful and engaging analysis.
- Secondary research skills: the ability to utilise industry or government data.
- A talent for seeing patterns behind data, and understanding what this means for consumers and businesses.
- Great organisational skills.
- Ability to talk knowledgeably with Mintel’s external clients and internal sales teams about your area of expertise.