Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets and aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology supports research, analysis, and operations work of Mintel staff and help us deliver data, insight and opinion in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We have a lot of interesting engineering challenges to solve, we’ve made a good start and want your help -
- working with data sourced by hundreds of research agents in over 80 countries.
- optimising data enrichment and analysis workloads to support the needs of our global client base.
- engineering our systems to test effectively, and building testing into our process in the most effective way to deliver high quality improvements.
- improving our development pipelines to release improvements frequently to a client base that needs always-on access to data and tools.
- building high quality, reusable front-end components that meet our high UX and UI standards.
- making the best use of cloud based technologies and building out reusable platforms so our future developments progress even more smoothly.
We currently have openings for developers at senior level or approaching that level, on a team that will work to improve our most successful web-based data and analysis product. Used by thousands of companies globally, our tool helps our clients to find relevant information about markets of interest, browse details in different formats, produce custom analysis views and set alerts for interesting data points. Our plan this year involves making numerous technical and business improvements including a focus on re-architecting for the cloud, while working closely with our stakeholders to ensure that the most valuable improvements are delivered.
While most of your work will be conducted within a small Agile team, there will be ample opportunity to work with other colleagues from our 100 strong development team. You’ll have a chance to demonstrate your knowledge and experience when collaborating with our Architects and Infrastructure team members, discussing cross-team challenges in our learning presentations or best practice groups, and by mentoring junior team members.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of commercial development experience
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology platforms
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and participate fully in agile software development processes
- Significant experience developing, deploying and supporting web server based applications
- Motivated, communicative individuals that really care about engineering best practices and working with a team to improve their technical knowledge and skill level
We hope you’ll like our…
- Collaborative agile development teams
- Flexible working environment with the opportunity to work from home a proportion of the time
- Generous holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy back additional holiday
- Approach to personal development where we encourage individuals to grow and share what they’ve learned
- Environment where seniors are encouraged to advocate for improvements to technologies and practices
We are happy to consider candidates who are looking to work remotely within the UK or need more flexible arrangements.