Are you passionate about product development? Can you lead projects and teams? Are you a great communicator who loves coming up with simple solutions to difficult problems? Do you have experience or passion for digital content and helping people action what they read online? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you on our Product Development team. You need to be well organized, pragmatic and keen to work with a wide variety of people and teams to help make the best decisions for the future of our products.
Our clients rely on the insights we deliver to make great business decisions. We need to ensure that they can absorb those insights quickly and accurately, so they are ready to take action. We are on a path of digital transformation and our ability to continue to improve the way we engage and delight our users when they find what they need on our products is key to our, and their, success.
We're looking for a Product Manager who is already familiar with the digital content landscape and how to effectively engage readers online. You'll bring a clear point of view about the value of aesthetics in communication and be ready to collaborate with our content, design and digital publishing teams to bring a high quality experience to our clients. And you'll be keen to experiment, measure and iterate, using qualitative and quantitative data to help shape the evolution of what we publish, in strong collaboration with our content teams.
You’ll be heavily involved in the ongoing tactical and strategic development of Mintel's products, including support of our global client base. You will specialize in Digital Content and be engaged with development work on a number of different projects and products, depending on the needs of the business. And you'll likely have the opportunity to travel to some of Mintel's global offices (Chicago, London, Singapore, Shanghai).
What you will be doing:
- Experiment and measure: Think creatively about how we can improve our content experience for our users, rapidly testing your hypotheses before rolling out improvements to our global audience.
- Data driven decisions: Gather and use data and insight to drive strategic decision-making and development of requirements for immediate and long-term content experience roadmaps.
- Customer centric decisions: Work closely with our clients and internal teams to identify client needs and client satisfaction levels.
- End-to-end ownership: Manage the product development process from idea generation to delivery. This includes needs assessment, creating comprehensive product specification, managing project plans, testing of new development and leading cross-functional project teams.
- Delivery driven: Drive the day-to-day management of on-product content experience for Mintel’s products. This includes ongoing prioritization of issues, change requests and new feature requests. Manage a strong working relationship with Content, Engineering and Design to ensure needs are met and deadlines are observed.
- Visionary: Collaborate with the Global Product Team to develop and advance our product strategy, as a champion and thought leader for Mintel’s products.
- Stakeholder communications and buy-in: Partner with the Engineering, UX, Sales, Marketing and Content teams to develop and deliver excellent communication plans for all product changes and improvements.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years business related experience, ideally but not necessarily focused on product management
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and listening skills
- Proven experience and success with agile project management practices
- Ability to present and facilitate meetings at top management level
- Ability to maintain good working relations while simultaneously taking a confident stand to solve problems
- Ability to negotiate for optimal outcomes
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, adhere to deadlines, deliver high-quality results and to manage multiple priorities
- Recent experience in the publishing industry or working with content on a digital product
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets