Building on the already successful CPG business, this new senior commercial role will be responsible for leading their teams into the next era of Mintel’s growth through the combination of aligning our expertise with our clients, collaboration with Mintel Futures, and embracing how technology can make us more efficient.
Reporting directly to the President of Mintel Americas, the SVP oversees the talented teams of Account Management, New Business, and Telesales for CPG for the US and Canadian markets. This represents a $50M business to Mintel with the expectation to reach $75M within five years. You are expected to take personal ownership of the team’s targets and lead the growth strategy. High networking activity, leading by example and assisting team members in their goals is essential to guaranteeing success. You should have a proven track record of identifying and securing opportunities. Your ability and willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time is essential.
You are in the pilot’s seat for driving revenue into this business. You must be able to pivot with ease, going from negotiating with a client’s procurement team on why we are better than a competitor to writing a Board Report on how your business is doing and where it is going.
You are an excellent manager and leader
Lastly, you have the grit and competitiveness to find ways to always be moving forward, no matter the obstacle in front of you. You have the humility to realize that all of the success you and your team have achieved is because of so many others around you. You have a very high EQi. And when facing adversity, you are known as a pragmatic optimist.
The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics within these areas:
- Achiever - Have at least 6-10 years of proven ability in managing a sales team with multiple personalities and motivations, and a proven ability to meet and exceed targets.
- Practitioner - Proven background of massive individual sales achievement, including a track record of selling consultancy solutions to the C-suite. Possess and apply practical and technical skills, knowledge, and experience related to sales and customer service.
- Data-Driven - Proven metric-driven approach to decision-making. Accustomed to not accepting an answer without data backing it up. Has extensive experience in sizing the market opportunity (TAM) for a business.
- Client Advocate – Actively joins sales meetings to speak with and listen to clients. Consistently having clients speak to the company about what is and is not working. Networking at the highest possible levels within prospects and clients to ensure there is appropriate executive sponsorship.
- Tech-Savvy – Understanding of how digital marketing can increase sales efficiency and effectiveness. Experience working with third-party lead generation products, solutions and processes that can best assist the sales pipeline and sales functions (e.g. LinkedIn, Salesforce, HubSpot, Pardot, Marketo, Outreach.io, Chorus.ai, etc.).
- Leadership – Ability to visualize a better future state, get others to join in the journey, and then actually get there. Willingness to get into the weeds of every sale with everyone on your team.
- Coach – Ability to develop and boost the team’s confidence around the necessary basic sales skills, as well as coach on emerging skills. Coach what you know, but also provoke new ideas and thinking. Have formal and informal processes for coaching managers and individuals. Help individuals understand how their role fits into the broader organization.
- Short and Long-term Focused – Understanding of the immediacy of winning this quarter’s sales results, while making the appropriate adjustments to ensure the business is relevant 10 years from now.
- Organization Developer – Ability to ensure the entire sales organization has the capabilities and skills needed for exceptional growth. Develop people, hire people, analyze data on your people, and develop an action plan to enhance sales operations.
- Communicator – Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets