Field Services Manager, Japan
Mintel Group, a 47 year-old company with group headquarter in the London, UK, is an international leader in the provision of market research and competitive intelligence. We work with the world’s most renowned consumer packaged goods companies and their suppliers.
- Part of the APAC Field Services team, reporting into the Director of Strategy APAC
- Based in Tokyo, supporting the delivery of field services projects in Japan and ad-hoc projects from the rest of Asia where required.
- This is an exciting role, ranging from the planning, coordination, execution of tactical projects secured by the Mintel commercial teams.
- Projects are wide ranging and is dependent on the brief of the clients but typically include :
- Managing product / sample retrievals from our clients
- Managing projects that requires the collection of data and data warehousing them in Mintel's proprietary customized database
- Understanding the brief, design the custom database in according to brief.
- Design the survey to field, recruiting the field agents to execute survey.
- Ensure correct data is collected, ensure survey data is accurately entered into the custom database
- Maintaining the database, ensuring that the database is set up in accordance to client requirements
- Identify and plan to each allocated projects milestones and deadlines through liaising directly with all project stakeholders as necessary for project completion (i.e. Clients, Account Directors, Accounts, Research Consultancy, GNPD Operations etc.) .
- Supporting the Japanese commercial team in the expansion of their business in Japan
- Involvement in final delivery of each allocated project to the client.
- Proactively and quickly identify, and react to challenges that arise with a solution-based approach.
- Manage a wide and varied network of shoppers, including recruiting, training, scheduling, replacing, payments and editing shopper data according to project’s quality standards.
- Management of project budget.
- Manage the logistical side of each project which includes the on-going relationship with our courier partners.
- Provide support as needed on additional projects.
- Be incredibly detail oriented, specifically in regards to data quality, client invoices and cost management, shopper payments and client communication.
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint.