Mintel and Technology
Mintel’s mission is to help companies grow by providing the world’s leading Market Intelligence services, enabling true understanding of consumers and consumer markets. This involves collecting and processing varied data sets at scale and providing tools to our analysts and data scientists so they can join the dots and make sense of consumers and consumer markets for our clients. We are experts in what consumers want and why.
Like many industries, ours is rapidly evolving and digital transformation trends enabled by technology are a key disruptive driving force. That’s why technology is at the core of everything Mintel does and why we have embarked on an ambitious technology transformation program to provide modern, scalable, flexible platforms to power our business.
We are already on our technology journey to re-platform and migrate our services to the cloud. We are consolidating our varied legacy systems and re-implementing our services through a set of core cloud technology platforms.
Capabilities and competencies we are building include: Kubernetes & Google Cloud, Engineering for horizontal scalability, infrastructure for scalable development, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and ML/AI.
We are looking for a Lead Architect to help us on this journey and in particular to define a more strategic approach to our technology evolution. You will be responsible for defining, maintaining and communicating our future state architecture and the roadmap to get there. As a member of the IT leadership team, working with the regional VPs of Engineering and leading a small, talented team of architects and senior engineers you will have great freedom to make a real impact on Mintel’s future success. This is a hands-on role requiring a strong technical background and practical experience working closely with engineering teams.
- Lead a small team of Platform and Data architects, ensuring a cohesive approach is adopted across all of Mintel's technology platforms.
- Lead technology selection and the adoption of best practice cloud architecture and design patterns.
- Define the technology vision, strategy and long term architectural roadmap to meet Mintel's future needs.
- Maintaining current and future state architecture plans.
- Work with delivery teams effectively implement the technology strategy.
- Participate in Mintel's data strategy initiative and oversee the enterprise data and metadata design activities.
- Own architecture best practices and enterprise technology standards and conventions at Mintel.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and incorporate into the technology vision and architectural roadmap.
Key Technologies Currently in Use Or Under Evaluation
Required Competencies / Experience
- A software engineering background with recent experience as an architect building systems using our key cloud based technologies or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of modern cloud based technology architectures and design paradigms and experience applying them in collaboration with engineering teams.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving skills and experience leading teams with confidence and authority.
- The ability to understand and talk strategically about business priorities.
- Experience collaborating cross functionally using influence to lead decision making.
Desired Competencies / Experience
- Experience implementing cloud based data processing platforms.
- Familiarity with architecture in the context of agile engineering practices.
- Experience leading or working as part of an enterprise architecture team is advantageous.
- Familiarity with one or more Enterprise Architecture methodologies or frameworks is a plus.
- Global travel will be required; London, Chicago, and occasionally Shanghai.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets