Our big data platform (BDP) team looks after a large amount of marketing data from multiple sources, making sure it is correct, classified according to our taxonomy, and has had auxiliary markup done by our data entry teams.
We have a distributed containerized microservices architecture running on AWS with services like ECS, lambda, Kinesis, SQS etc. Besides AWS services, we also heavily use tools like Elasticsearch (including ELK stack), Jenkins, prometheus and Grafana. In the near future, we are looking into migration to GCP.
The BDP team is made up of 5 squads with slightly different focuses - Architecture, Data Ingestion, Data Enrichment, MLOps and System Reliability. Each squad chooses their software development process, whether it is scrum, kanban or something else entirely. Squads also set their flexible working preferences, whether this is remote working or varied hours. They also sometimes choose days to meet in our casual dress, open plan office in downtown Chicago, for a game of table tennis or team lunch.
The whole BDP team get together semi-regularly too, for some cross-squad meetings like shared retrospectives to make sure we’re tackling bigger problems. Our broader IT team comprises of approximately 100 developers globally and we run several communities of practice groups to keep us innovating together. We have a fun, friendly team, supported by managers who all have technical backgrounds and are on the same squads as the team members they support.
What you will be doing:
- Work with your squad to experiment and make impactful architectural decisions for the upcoming work on the roadmap.
- Participate in cross-squad design discussions and communities of practice too, offering guidance and advice.
- We embrace devops culture on the team, so you’ll also be responsible for helping the team deploy, monitor and maintain the system
- Participate in code reviews and pair programming, providing code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience working in Python
- Solid understanding of Python, including common tools, frameworks and best practices
- Experience mentoring other developers or other aspects of Tech leadership
- Experience doing holistic system design and architecture
- Good communication skills & work ethic
- Experience of implementing API services like RESTful, gRPC, GraphQL
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of Docker with professional experience utilizing it for deployments in a micro-service architecture
- Experience working with Machine Learning systems
- Experience in developing robust, scalable and production grade data pipelines
- Experience working with Hadoop and/or Spark
Mintel does not offer sponsorship for this particular role, and so at this time, we are only able to consider candidates who do not have limitations in their ability to work in the United states long-term.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets