Would you like to join the world’s leading market intelligence agency?
Mintel is seeking a talented, Mumbai-based quantitative researcher to join its global Consumer Research and Data Analytics team. The ideal candidate will have experience in both quantitative consumer research and data analysis. Based in our Mumbai office, you will be required to manage the day to day project milestones from questionnaire design through to fieldwork, data analysis and delivery.
As part of a global team, you will be required to work closely with Mintel’s in-house analyst teams to support Mintel’s syndicated consumer reports product in the India market. You will also be required to work with your colleagues based both regionally and globally to deliver projects as required.
- Quality maintenance: Ensuring that both the consumer research projects are consistently delivered on schedule, within budget and to a high quality.
- Questionnaire design and quality checking: Working with internal category experts to design online and offline questionnaires, qualitative discussion guides and conduct secondary research that adheres Mintel’s global best practice, meets research objectives and satisfies analysis requirements. You will also be required to support you colleagues regionally with quality checking questionnaires and analysis outputs.
- Managing internal and external supplier relationships: Liaising with external providers and the internal scripting team to ensure all research is conducted within budget and to deadline.
- Analysing and tabulating data: Using a wide range of research tools including SPSS and other in-house analysis tools to tabulate and analyze quantitative consumer research data effectively, including checking outputs and troubleshooting queries. This may also include running advanced statistical analysis including such as correspondence analysis, decision tree analysis, cluster analysis (segmentations) and forecasting if required.
- Research and data consultancy: Training internal teams various subjects such as questionnaire design, data analysis, and using internal reporting tools as well as acting as a consultant to other teams within the organization.
- Developing in-house knowledge and operational processes: Participating in and leading the development of research methodologies and statistical techniques to add further value to Mintel’s output. You will also be playing a key part in the roll out of new operational developments within the research department (e.g. software, new processes, etc.), as well as proactively looking at ways in which we can improve best practiced within the team.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree (or a comparable) with a minimum of 2:1 in a relevant subject (e.g. Statistics, Maths, Sociology, Economics, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience in a market research environment (agency or client-side)
- Proven experience with analysing data in SPSS (or similar software) in a commercial setting essential
- Experience designing questionnaires in a commercial setting essential
- Highly organised with experience of project managing multiple research projects to deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate data, statistics and other research-related findings and concepts to non-researchers.
- Strong analysis and interpretive skills. The ability to extract ‘the story’ and meaningful insights from raw data.
- Wide knowledge of quantitative research methodologies.
- High attention to detail with a focus on ensuring quality data
- A strong team player willing to help others both within and outside the team
- A high degree of numeracy
- Fluency in English and one of the following languages – Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Oriya, Telugu or Tamil