Client Service Manager, Japan
Mintel Group, a 47 year-old company with group headquarter in the London, UK, is an international leader in the provision of market research and competitive intelligence. We work with the world’s most renowned consumer packaged goods companies and their suppliers.
The primary role of Client Service Manager is to collaborate with Mintel Account Managers to provide client service support to Mintel’s subscription clients in Japan, primarily through providing administrative, training support and compiling contents from Mintel’s syndicated data and sharing with clients.
The Client Service Manager will be developing their knowledge of Mintel Account Management best practice and product capabilities. As their experience grows they will undertake more complex client service work and has the opportunity to progress into an Account Management role which includes commercial development.
This role is part of the Account Management Team in Japan and will report into a Manager in this team. On the day to day level, this role will work closely with the Account Management Team mainly for (but not limited to) Beauty and Personal Care, Food and Drinks, Package manufacturers. In line with the wider client service team all work is prioritized to ensure best service is delivered to exceed client retention targets for Japan.
- Responsible for administrative support for Mintel’s clients in Japan including new users set up, welcome package, basic training on Mintel products (web based/phone) and ad-hoc questions relating to how to navigate the system and identify relevant contents.
- Owner of CSM system, generating usage reports on a regular basis and proactively flagging out any usage issues to respective Account Managers.
- Creating usage reports and sending these to clients who are asking for it on a regular basis.
- Owner of regular content sharing activities for PS clients, including regular newsletter for all clients or based on specific requirements.
- Handle data applications, including collating contents and data from Mintel’s syndicated database and products. The deliverable may be in Excel or PowerPoint format.
- Participate in client service meetings with Account Managers, proactively providing solutions to client service requirement and driving client engagement.
- Manage syndicated content library, ensuring materials are up to date and proactively pushing out relevant materials to the commercial team.
- Deliver other ad hoc work (e.g. proof read of translation, translation of English into Japanese) and respond to incoming client requests.
- Whenever any support is needed in any other areas apart from the above, which lead to better relationship with our clients, always being ready to willingly provide a helping hand.
- Working with regional offices to understand and implement client service best practices.
- University Degree
- Over 3 years of experience, preferable in a beauty and personal care, or food and drink industry.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate confidently in front of a group
- Calm and can-do attitude
- Multi-tasking, with excellent organizational skill
- High skills of using Excel/Word/PowerPoint for business purposes
- Native Speaker of Japanese, Proficient English